Crestor and Mood swings - from FDA reports
Mood swings is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Mood swings with Crestor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,339 people who have side effects when taking Crestor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
95,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor.
Among them, 243 people (0.25%) have Mood swings
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Crestor when people have Mood swings *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 37.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Crestor *:
- female: 60.43 %
- male: 39.57 %
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Crestor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.54 %
- 20-29: 1.08 %
- 30-39: 4.3 %
- 40-49: 14.52 %
- 50-59: 31.18 %
- 60+: 48.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (34 people, 13.99%)
- Depression (30 people, 12.35%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (25 people, 10.29%)
- Stress And Anxiety (20 people, 8.23%)
- Quit Smoking (19 people, 7.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (23 people, 9.47%)
- Nexium (22 people, 9.05%)
- Synthroid (20 people, 8.23%)
- Seroquel (20 people, 8.23%)
- Lyrica (20 people, 8.23%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (65 people, 26.75%)
- Fatigue (54 people, 22.22%)
- Nausea (41 people, 16.87%)
- Memory Loss (37 people, 15.23%)
- Stress And Anxiety (36 people, 14.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mood swings when taking Crestor?
- Check symptoms - is mood swings caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMood swings and drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMood swings and Crestor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Crestor 100,287 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 43,339 Mood swings patients).
Browse all side effects of Crestora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mood swingsMood swings
Could your condition cause Mood swingsMood swings
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
User reviews to the study
I've been taking Wellbutrin and found the generics don't work for me but the original drug works well. About a month and a half ago on Drs advice I began taking Crestor. Since then I have become more and more depressed and anxious. As if I weren't taking the Wellbutrin at all. Has anyone ...