Home > Crestor > Parkinson's disease > Crestor and Parkinson's disease
Review: could Crestor cause Parkinson's disease?
Summary: Parkinson's disease is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 57,731 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Parkinson's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Crestor (latest outcomes from 60,016 users) has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 59,473 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 57,716 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 81 people (0.14%) have Parkinson's Disease.
Time on Crestor when people have Parkinson's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Parkinson's disease||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33%||8.33%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Crestor * :
|Parkinson's disease||4.05%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.76%||18.92%||70.27% |
Severity of Parkinson's disease when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Parkinson's disease||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Parkinson's disease ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Parkinson's disease||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 9.88%)
- Parkinson's disease (7 people, 8.64%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 6.17%)
- Depression (5 people, 6.17%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (20 people, 24.69%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 18.52%)
- Toprol-xl (14 people, 17.28%)
- Sinemet (11 people, 13.58%)
- Seroquel (9 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Parkinson's Disease
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
More questions for: Crestor, Parkinson's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Excrutiating Pain Of Sciatic Nerve In Left Leg, and takes Crestor)
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
- Crestor effect on carpel tunnel
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Carpel Tunnel, and takes Crestor)
I was told if I would stop taking Crestor my carpel tunnel would not bother me as much.
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolisms, and takes Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Fish Oil, Crestor, Glimepiride, Metformin)
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
More reviews for: Crestor, Parkinson's disease
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Red Blood Cell Count
Comments: I have no symptoms of any disease. I feel fine with no restrictions. The latest blood test from my annual exam shows elevated red blood cells. The rest of the blood panel is good. I say the Crestor is causing the high count. I want to be informed before the doc starts tests. Thank you. Mike
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a patient with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Shortness Of Breath, Alcohol Interaction
Comments: If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
- A study of side effects of Valium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
Comments: Was given cipro 5 years ago once I've and have had nausea and anxiety ever since I am very sensitive to drugs and have tried homeopathy, acupuncture etc but now am reduced to taking phenergan and valium I suspect that the valium may be causing nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Revlimid, Acyclovir, Crestor for a patient with Osteoporosis, Myeloma - Multiple, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chills
Comments: i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
More related studies for: Crestor, Parkinson's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.