Review: could Crestor cause Postnasal drip (Nasal discharge)?
Summary: Postnasal drip is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 57,806 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Postnasal drip. Find out below who they are, when they have Postnasal drip and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Crestor and have Postnasal drip >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 60,088 Crestor users)
Postnasal drip (discharge from nose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma. (latest reports from 1,923 Postnasal drip patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 57,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 12 people (0.02%) have Postnasal Drip.
Time on Crestor when people have Postnasal drip * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Crestor * :
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||18.18%||72.73% |
Severity of Postnasal drip when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Postnasal drip ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma (2 people, 16.67%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 16.67%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 8.33%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 25.00%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 25.00%)
- Zyrtec (2 people, 16.67%)
- Bextra (2 people, 16.67%)
- Arimidex (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Postnasal Drip while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Postnasal Drip
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Postnasal Drip
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C, Garlic, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Apple Cider Vinegar for a 50-year old woman with Lumps In The Breasts, Health. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Ramipril, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ocd. The patient has Epicondylitis
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea Aggravated, Skin Discolouration, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
Recent Crestor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.