Review: could Crestor cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 57,824 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 638 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Crestor and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 60,110 Crestor users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 57,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 638 people (1.10%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Crestor when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||38.46%||36.92%||6.15%||7.69%||6.15%||4.62%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Crestor * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.52%||1.04%||1.38%||11.40%||22.11%||63.56% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||70.00%||30.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (136 people, 21.32%)
- Hypertension (60 people, 9.40%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (44 people, 6.90%)
- Depression (36 people, 5.64%)
- Pain (29 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (213 people, 33.39%)
- Plavix (98 people, 15.36%)
- Niaspan (85 people, 13.32%)
- Nexium (66 people, 10.34%)
- Toprol-xl (62 people, 9.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
AH (3 years ago):
Female 64-age Have been on Crestor 3 months and notice I sweat a lot. Even if I get in A/c I sweat. I take it at night before bed and mostly notice that am after waking up or during night. Sometimes though I still notice during day.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of crestor and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Dyazide for a 52-year old woman with Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension. The patient has Headache, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Fish Oil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Crestor, Fenofibrate for a 44-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Crestor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.