Review: could Crestor cause Vascular dementia?
Summary: Vascular dementia is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Plavix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 57,824 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Vascular dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Vascular dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Crestor and have Vascular dementia >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 60,110 Crestor users)
Vascular dementia (vascular dementia is a general term describing problems with reasoning, planning, judgment, memory and other thought) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, arthritis, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 644 Vascular dementia patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 57,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Vascular Dementia.
Time on Crestor when people have Vascular dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vascular dementia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vascular dementia when taking Crestor * :
|Vascular dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Vascular dementia when taking Crestor ** :
How people recovered from Vascular dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 16.67%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (6 people, 100.00%)
- Insulin (5 people, 83.33%)
- Nexium (5 people, 83.33%)
- Motilium (4 people, 66.67%)
- Odrik (4 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Donna (4 years ago):
My husband was taking Crestor and he stopped it after 3 months because of the serious side effects. While on Crestor he showed many of the symptoms of Dementia. initially he became angry at everyone, after a couple of weeks he was becoming unable to do ordinary day to day tasks. he is an engineer and could not read a tape measure. we would look for keys, reading glasses, sunglasses etc. He would have no recollection of where he had put them. The list goes on. He went to the doctor who told him it was not side effects of Crestor. He kept taking it and was getting worse until we went away for a week and forgot to pack them, as it was only for a week we decided it wouldn't hurt to miss them. During that week I started getting my husband back, he was able to remember things, communicate with people, read a tape measure etc. When we came back we decided to trial him back at work and not taking Crestor incase it was stress related. He was fine, infact working life was so much easier now he was not taking Crestor. he has now been off Crestor for over 3 months and he has not experienced any of the dementia like problems he did while taking it. I would warn anyone against taking it and suggest trying Zimstat or similar as they do not produce the side effects that Crestor does.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of crestor and vascular dementia on
Do you have Vascular Dementia while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Vascular Dementia
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Vascular Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Cellcept for a 41-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Hyperlipidaemia, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Bilirubin
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vasotec, Crestor for a 52-year old man with IgA Deficiency, Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Dyazide for a 52-year old woman with Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension. The patient has Headache, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
Recent Crestor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.