Review: could Crestor cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 57,750 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Weight loss >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (view latest outcomes from 60,032 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Weight loss 16,911 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 57,750 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 146 people (0.25%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Crestor when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Crestor * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.98%||1.96%||22.55%||38.24%||36.27% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (24 people, 16.44%)
- Metastases to bone (16 people, 10.96%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (15 people, 10.27%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 9.59%)
- Diabetes mellitus (13 people, 8.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (46 people, 31.51%)
- Lasix (36 people, 24.66%)
- Seroquel (29 people, 19.86%)
- Zometa (27 people, 18.49%)
- Toprol-xl (26 people, 17.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Crestor, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flomax,within 3
months,I was down to 160 lbs.(I had 0 fat on my body)I am now down to 140 lbs.
my family & friends can't believe the weight loss.I feel good,strong,but I don't look good,I'm too skinny.Flomax as been very effective for me.
Is flomax the reason for my weight loss?
- Weight loss taking lipitor
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Concerned and worried
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to be truthful and honest about these drugs. I dont have high blood pressure and never have but my doctor said the perindopril are a precaution. Also can I not stop taking statin and keep my own cholestrol down can anyone help me im so miserable and unhappy.
- Crestor side effects (1 response)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad experience, my menstrual periods don't come normal anymore, or sometimes it takes two or three months to come back again. I have hot flashes day or night, and the last one is that I'm gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do, any pill will give you side effects, I never read side effects. I'm 100% percent this is not coincides is real an is happening to me.
More reviews for: Crestor, Weight loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- I have no symptoms of any disease. I feel fine with no restrictions. The latest blood test from my annual exam shows elevated red blood cells. The rest of the blood panel is good. I say the Crestor is causing the high count. I want to be informed before the doc starts tests. Thank you. Mike
- Since retiring from work three and a half months ago I have lost 10-11 lbs in weight. I put this down to eating more healthily at home and taking more exercise but I'm still losing weight. I take warfarin every day because of DVTs. My brother has type 2 diabetes.
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
More related studies for: Crestor, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.