Review: could Crestor cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain - unintentional is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 57,806 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,066 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Crestor and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 60,097 Crestor users)
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain - unintentional patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 57,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 1,066 people (1.84%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Crestor when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||15.38%||37.50%||12.50%||8.65%||19.23%||5.77%||0.96% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Crestor * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.10%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.00%||14.67%||30.58%||51.65% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain - unintentional||2.78%||55.56%||27.78%||13.89% |
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain - unintentional||11.11%||0.00%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (243 people, 22.80%)
- Hypertension (129 people, 12.10%)
- Depression (106 people, 9.94%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (82 people, 7.69%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (75 people, 7.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (212 people, 19.89%)
- Nexium (125 people, 11.73%)
- Metformin hcl (111 people, 10.41%)
- Furosemide (102 people, 9.57%)
- Lipitor (100 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of crestor and weight gain - unintentional on
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Ramipril, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ocd. The patient has Epicondylitis
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
Recent Crestor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.