Review: could Curcumin cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is reported only by a few people who take Curcumin.
We study 71 people who have side effects while taking Curcumin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Curcumin and have Constipation >>>
Curcumin has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Curcumin 116 users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Constipation 80,049 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 71 people reported to have side effects when taking Curcumin. Among them, 2 people (2.82%) have Constipation.
Time on Curcumin when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Curcumin * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Curcumin * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Curcumin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis (1 people, 50.00%)
- Gerd (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zolpidem tartrate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Cotrim (1 people, 50.00%)
- Diclofenac (1 people, 50.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 50.00%)
- Rosuvastatin calcium (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Curcumin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Curcumin and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Curcumin
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Is synthroid and milk thistle safe?
I was reviewing the case studies of Synthroid and Milk Thistle and I am not sure I am reading it correctly. I hope the information is incorrect regarding the studies with concurrent use of these drugs. I took one dose of Milk Thistle and it occurred to me that I probably should research to make sure it was safe to take with my Synthroid and hence I find this study. Confused and concerned...please respond. Thanks, Cheri RN
- Since taking mupirocin for nasal condition i have developed constipation. are they related and to do?
Have been using this product for about a week to 10 days. I have suddenly developed constipation. Are they related? and how long does this last.
More questions for: Curcumin, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties in both powered and capsule forms--(powdered form for approximately two to three weeks--one teaspoon twice daily; capsule form for approximately three or four days--one capsule twice daily.) On the day in question, I took one teaspoon of the powered form of turmeric with a late lunch and left off the capsule form. I jog/walk two or three miles intermittently and roughly twice a week. Into the second mile of a three mile jog/walk that night,I experienced an unusual weakness and fatigue, stopped after the second mile and pulse was over 200. I had sweated a lot and after resting a while, I walked the third mile back home and showered. I was unable to sleep. My heart was in atrial fibrillation which was diagnosed hours later at the local Medical Center ER. Heart rate was fluctuating in the 150-170 range and was brought down to 100-120 range with I.V. medication but stayed in that range. Exactly 11 hours after its beginning and with virtually no sleep for over 24 hours and after drinking only water but with very little food and no vitamin or Turmeric consumption, immediately after standing up for the third time in four or five hours to go to the bathroom, I suddenly converted back to a normal heart rate which is 60 to 70 beats a minute and was released from the medical center seven hours later. Plan to stop taking all forms of Turmeric.
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passed out when getting dizzy. I of course said I had gotten too warm and was exhausted from work the previous week. The dizziness continued in the mornings & I passed out several more times. On May 1st, I passed out while putting my make-up on and hit my eye on the faucet and head on the tile floor, despite that I went to work thinking it would subside, it didn't. I went to the ER directly after work. They ran a B-met on me and my GFR was 11 and creatinine 3.95. They admitted me to a larger hospital for evaluation. While in there, they pumped me with fluids continuously, saying I had severe dehydration. My kidney function improved, my creatinine levels went back down to 1.34. After 5 days I was discharged and told to see a cardiologist and endo. The endo doc cancelled my appointment on the basis it was not his area. I had had a cortisol and ACTH testing which I guess was normal. I saw the cardiologist, who said it wasn't cardio. I had had an echocardiogram in the hospital and EKG monitoring. Cardio sent me to neurology, the PNRN did a basic neurological exam and drew blood for disease markers such as Lupus, sjorgens, hepatitis, ect. All disease markers came back negative, but my GFR was at 11 again and creatinine was 4.25, BUN 50 along with an elevated ACE level. They called me and said I sarcoidosis. I really don't have any of the primary S/S of this autoimmune disease. I don't know where to go from here, they are referring me to another neurologist at a bigger hospital. I can't live my normal life, can't walk on my feet due extreme pain and I pass out at least 2x a week, which is not good for my old body. My BP upon laying and sitting runs like 117/72, upon standing it drops to like 70/50-50/30. I am on 0.1 mg of florinef, I tried increasing it but then my legs swelled up for a gain of 23#. I talked to Mayo Clinic today and all there specialists are booked out thru December. I have to be able to work, I can't stay home any longer than September 8th! Please advise me!
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Healthy with myeloma
Diagnosed Feb 2010--Myeloma stage I. Now eat veggie with daily juicing and low carbs, plus supplements--B12, multi vitamins, folic acid, Turmeric, Holy Basil, Green Magma or other chlorophyll source. Sometimes Ganoderma mushrooms, cannabis juice, fresh noni juice (not fermented). I have no symptoms, no lifestyle change except diet.
More reviews for: Curcumin, Constipation
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- The symptoms listed above are from taking the carafate only. I have been on this for a week now taking it 3 times a day an hour before a meal at the same time daily. I feel bloated, constipated and am having a very hard stool then to diarrhea and it burns, I also feel as if gas is stuck in my abdome ...
- I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- I was reading information about methadone (i just started 1 wk.ago) and i came acrossa paralytic ileus. Some of the symptoms are constipation, abdominal distention, nausea and vomiting. Which i experience all 4. I have a bowel movement once maybe every 2 wks. Its extremely painful. Its not normal in ...
More related studies for: Curcumin, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.