Review: could Cyclosporine cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Cyclosporine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Interstitial lung disease.
We study 24,402 people who have side effects while taking Cyclosporine from FDA and social media. Among them, 294 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Cyclosporine has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from 24,585 Cyclosporine users)
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer. (latest reports from 20,667 Interstitial lung disease patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 24,401 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyclosporine. Among them, 294 people (1.20%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Cyclosporine when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||63.27%||25.51%||3.06%||3.06%||5.10%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Interstitial lung disease||51.72%||48.28% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.27%||7.34%||4.62%||4.89%||4.08%||17.93%||21.47%||39.40% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Cyclosporine ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Interstitial lung disease (68 people, 23.13%)
- Hypertension (40 people, 13.61%)
- Dermatomyositis (38 people, 12.93%)
- Bronchopneumonia (37 people, 12.59%)
- Prophylaxis (28 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (147 people, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (90 people, 30.61%)
- Cyclophosphamide (64 people, 21.77%)
- Furosemide (60 people, 20.41%)
- Prednisone (54 people, 18.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cyclosporine and interstitial lung disease on
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Cyclosporine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of side effects of Restasis for a 74-year old man with Dry Eye. The patient has Blood Potassium
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cyclosporine, Percocet for a 18-year old girl with Infection, Immune Status, Pain. The patient has Eczema Vesicular
- A study of drug interactions between D-Ribose, Restasis for a 46-year old woman with Fibroma, Eyes - Dry. The patient has Alopecia
Recent Cyclosporine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Cellcept, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Liver Transplant
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.