Review: could Cyclosporine cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Cyclosporine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Interstitial lung disease.
We study 24,400 people who have side effects while taking Cyclosporine from FDA and social media. Among them, 294 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Cyclosporine has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from Cyclosporine 24,582 users)
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer.(latest reports from Interstitial lung disease 20,635 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 24,398 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyclosporine. Among them, 294 people (1.21%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Cyclosporine when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||63.27%||25.51%||3.06%||3.06%||5.10%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Interstitial lung disease||51.72%||48.28% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.27%||7.34%||4.62%||4.89%||4.08%||17.93%||21.47%||39.40% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Cyclosporine ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Interstitial lung disease (68 people, 23.13%)
- Hypertension (40 people, 13.61%)
- Dermatomyositis (38 people, 12.93%)
- Bronchopneumonia (37 people, 12.59%)
- Prophylaxis (28 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (147 people, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (90 people, 30.61%)
- Cyclophosphamide (64 people, 21.77%)
- Furosemide (60 people, 20.41%)
- Prednisone (54 people, 18.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Cyclosporine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why do my gums hurt especially at night?
I got my teeth whitened a year ago and my gums have been hurting ever since. The pain gets worse starting in the afternoon and by the time I go to bed they are killing me! My dentist said it's not from the whitening. He had the nerve to tell me it was psychotic. Has anyone else had this problem? It is NOT gum disease.... Would appreciate some advice or similar stories so that I can be assured I'm not going crazy...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What are the benefits of topamax, does it work well
I am medication sensitive and have severe side effects with Bi-polar meds. I have severe anxiety/panic disorder, hypo-thyroid, PTSD, and Bulimia when anxiety hits. I must take Zofran in order to eat and keep food down. I was on Topamax and it seemed to help with my eating disorder but caused memory lapses, so they discontinued it. I was on Effexor since 1997 and it stop working last year. I have tried Cymbalta, Tileptal, & Wellbutrin with major side effects that caused me to go to the ER. I have been on Paxil & Clonazepam for about 2 wks. My systoms are not as severe but still get panic attacks. the Saphris makes me hungry 24/7 which is not good because of my eating disorder. Does Topamax work well for migraines & prevent constant hunger, especially for sweets & carbs. I am suppose to be on high fiber, lean meat, low carb diet but my hunger for sweets & carbs is uncontrollable. Does any one have suggestions or feed back.
Suffering in Texas
- Can restasis cause hep b flareup?
I have had Hepatitis B and want to take Restasis for extremely dry eyes. Can this cause a flare up of the Hepatitis?
- Can i take restasis since i am hep c positive
Can I safely take Restasis for severely dry eyes since I am Hep C positive and have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
More questions for: Cyclosporine, Interstitial lung disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restasis and sudden vision loss
After taking Restasis for one week, I had sudden vision loss while driving and pain in right eye. My vision returned in about two hours.
- Migraine with dyazide
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no longer take Dyazide, headache did not return. Was 49 at time of ER treatment and was on Dyazide for 1 week.
More reviews for: Cyclosporine, Interstitial lung disease
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
- This restasis is causing burning more dryness and having to use all kinds of eye drops from my doctor. This stuff is should be in the danger zone. I think this is going to blind me, make the company pay for all of my doctor ordered medicine. And the stress it has put on me and my family. And please ...
- I have had a severe itchy rash for 2 years and 4 months and am on Prednisone. The rash flares up and then seems to get better. I also have odd nodules or bumps on my skin that I never had before. My skin feels hot or burning at times. I am now also on Cyclosporin with the hope to get off Prednison ...
More related studies for: Cyclosporine, Interstitial lung disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.