Home > Cyclosporine > Renal failure > Cyclosporine and Renal failure
Review: could Cyclosporine cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 24,394 people who have side effects while taking Cyclosporine from FDA and social media. Among them, 672 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Renal failure >>>
Cyclosporine (latest outcomes from 24,576 users) has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 426,720 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 24,393 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyclosporine. Among them, 891 people (3.65%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Cyclosporine when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||64.10%||18.80%||6.84%||5.13%||3.42%||0.85%||0.85% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Renal failure||31.53%||68.47% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Renal failure||0.66%||8.18%||9.06%||5.86%||10.72%||20.55%||20.66%||24.31% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (98 people, 11.00%)
- Bone marrow conditioning regimen (84 people, 9.43%)
- Prophylaxis (84 people, 9.43%)
- Hypertension (72 people, 8.08%)
- Graft versus host disease (66 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (219 people, 24.58%)
- Prednisone (210 people, 23.57%)
- Mycophenolate mofetil (147 people, 16.50%)
- Azathioprine (144 people, 16.16%)
- Acyclovir (120 people, 13.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Cyclosporine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Renal Failure
- group for people who take Cyclosporine
- group for people who have Renal Failure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 days ago):
I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
From this study (2 months ago):
I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant sleep at all
miller on Jul, 22, 2014:
You should be tested for Lyme. Igenex out of California is the best lab for accurate testing..
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Why do my gums hurt especially at night?
I got my teeth whitened a year ago and my gums have been hurting ever since. The pain gets worse starting in the afternoon and by the time I go to bed they are killing me! My dentist said it's not from the whitening. He had the nerve to tell me it was psychotic. Has anyone else had this problem? It ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
More questions for: Cyclosporine, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Restasis and sudden vision loss
After taking Restasis for one week, I had sudden vision loss while driving and pain in right eye. My vision returned in about two hours.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Migraine with dyazide
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
More reviews for: Cyclosporine, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Cyclosporine (cyclosporine) is often used for psoriasis. Find out below the conditions Cyclosporine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cyclosporine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Bactrim for a 58-year old man who has UTI (2 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (26 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Adderall Xr 25
- Tropaeolum Majus