Review: could Cyclosporine cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Cyclosporine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Renal transplant.
We study 24,400 people who have side effects while taking Cyclosporine from FDA and social media. Among them, 891 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Renal failure >>>
Cyclosporine has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from Cyclosporine 24,582 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Renal failure 72,089 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 24,398 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyclosporine. Among them, 891 people (3.65%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Cyclosporine when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||64.10%||18.80%||6.84%||5.13%||3.42%||0.85%||0.85% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Renal failure||31.53%||68.47% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Renal failure||0.66%||8.18%||9.06%||5.86%||10.72%||20.55%||20.66%||24.31% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (98 people, 11.00%)
- Bone marrow conditioning regimen (84 people, 9.43%)
- Prophylaxis (84 people, 9.43%)
- Hypertension (72 people, 8.08%)
- Graft versus host disease (66 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (219 people, 24.58%)
- Prednisone (210 people, 23.57%)
- Mycophenolate mofetil (147 people, 16.50%)
- Azathioprine (144 people, 16.16%)
- Acyclovir (120 people, 13.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Cyclosporine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Why do my gums hurt especially at night?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Painful Sensitive Gums, and takes Restasis)
I got my teeth whitened a year ago and my gums have been hurting ever since. The pain gets worse starting in the afternoon and by the time I go to bed they are killing me! My dentist said it's not from the whitening. He had the nerve to tell me it was psychotic. Has anyone else had this problem? It ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What are the benefits of topamax, does it work well
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar 1, Axiety, Migranes, Bulimina, PTSD, and takes Paxil, Clonazepam, Saphris, Xyzal, Synthroid, Dulera, Restasis, Potassium Chloride, Valtrex, Zofran Odt)
I am medication sensitive and have severe side effects with Bi-polar meds. I have severe anxiety/panic disorder, hypo-thyroid, PTSD, and Bulimia when anxiety hits. I must take Zofran in order to eat and keep food down. I was on Topamax and it seemed to help with my eating disorder but caused memory ...
- Can restasis cause hep b flareup?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Hepatitis B, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Restasis)
I have had Hepatitis B and want to take Restasis for extremely dry eyes. Can this cause a flare up of the Hepatitis?
More questions for: Cyclosporine, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restasis and sudden vision loss
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Sudden Vision Loss, Sudden Vision Loss, and takes Restasis)
After taking Restasis for one week, I had sudden vision loss while driving and pain in right eye. My vision returned in about two hours.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Migraine with dyazide
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, and takes Dyazide, Cytomel, Cyclosporine, Zyflo Cr, Ergocalciferol, Zyrtec, Compazine)
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
More reviews for: Cyclosporine, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Codeine Sulfate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lactulose, Restasis, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium for a patient with Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Bone Spur
Comments: I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
- A study of side effects of Restasis for a patient with Swollen Eye Or Conjunctiva. The patient has Burn Swollen Eyes Very Bad Pain Swollen Eye Balls And Really Red
Comments: This restasis is causing burning more dryness and having to use all kinds of eye drops from my doctor. This stuff is should be in the danger zone. I think this is going to blind me, make the company pay for all of my doctor ordered medicine. And the stress it has put on me and my family. And please ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclosporine, Prednisone for a patient with Graves Disease. The patient has Unbearable Itching, Rash, Bumps On Skin, And Now Nose Bleeds
Comments: I have had a severe itchy rash for 2 years and 4 months and am on Prednisone. The rash flares up and then seems to get better. I also have odd nodules or bumps on my skin that I never had before. My skin feels hot or burning at times. I am now also on Cyclosporin with the hope to get off Prednison ...
More related studies for: Cyclosporine, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.