Review: could Cyclosporine cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Cyclosporine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Kidney transplant.
We study 24,402 people who have side effects while taking Cyclosporine from FDA and social media. Among them, 891 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Renal failure >>>
Cyclosporine has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from 24,585 Cyclosporine users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 72,154 Renal failure patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 24,401 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyclosporine. Among them, 891 people (3.65%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Cyclosporine when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||64.10%||18.80%||6.84%||5.13%||3.42%||0.85%||0.85% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Renal failure||31.53%||68.47% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine * :
|Renal failure||0.66%||8.18%||9.06%||5.86%||10.72%||20.55%||20.66%||24.31% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Cyclosporine ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (98 people, 11.00%)
- Bone marrow conditioning regimen (84 people, 9.43%)
- Prophylaxis (84 people, 9.43%)
- Hypertension (72 people, 8.08%)
- Graft versus host disease (66 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (219 people, 24.58%)
- Prednisone (210 people, 23.57%)
- Mycophenolate mofetil (147 people, 16.50%)
- Azathioprine (144 people, 16.16%)
- Acyclovir (120 people, 13.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cyclosporine and renal failure on
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Cyclosporine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Cyclosporine
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 39-year old man with Psoriasis. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of side effects of Restasis for a 62-year old woman with Eyes - Dry. The patient has Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Chloride, Tylenol, Magnesium Glycinate, Flaxseed Oil, Zyrtec, Flonase, Prilosec, Restasis, Synthroid, Valium for a 59-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Neck Pain, Migraine Without Aura, Dry Eye, Nasal Congestion, Gastric Ph Decreased, Thyroidectomy, Vertigo. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 57-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman with Arterial Stenosis, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Renal Failure, Pulse Pressure Decreased
Recent Cyclosporine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Cellcept, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Liver Transplant
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.