Review: could Cymbalta cause Alcoholism?
Summary: Alcoholism is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Alcohol, and have Depression.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 181 have Alcoholism. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcoholism and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Alcoholism >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,367 Cymbalta users)
Alcoholism (problems with alcohol) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 7,694 Alcoholism patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 45,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 181 people (0.40%) have Alcoholism.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Alcoholism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Alcoholism when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Alcoholism when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Alcoholism ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (83 people, 45.86%)
- Major depression (26 people, 14.36%)
- Back pain (22 people, 12.15%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 9.94%)
- Pain (13 people, 7.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alcohol (44 people, 24.31%)
- Multi-vitamin (18 people, 9.94%)
- Lyrica (18 people, 9.94%)
- Omeprazole (17 people, 9.39%)
- Abilify (15 people, 8.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and alcoholism on
Do you have Alcoholism while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Alcoholism
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Alcoholism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 70-year old woman with Insomnia, Chronic Pain. The patient has Sleep Apnia, Plmd
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.