Review: could Cymbalta cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,313 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Back pain >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,390 Cymbalta users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,313 people (2.87%) have Back Pain.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||13.27%||43.36%||11.50%||7.08%||18.58%||3.54%||2.65% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Cymbalta * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.17%||2.84%||9.36%||24.31%||27.65%||35.67% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||7.14%||21.43%||57.14%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (362 people, 27.57%)
- Pain (216 people, 16.45%)
- Osteoporosis (134 people, 10.21%)
- Anxiety (112 people, 8.53%)
- Fibromyalgia (102 people, 7.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (401 people, 30.54%)
- Ambien (313 people, 23.84%)
- Nexium (297 people, 22.62%)
- Aspirin (261 people, 19.88%)
- Aredia (254 people, 19.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.