Cymbalta and Bladder infection
This is a study of Bladder infection (Urinary tract infection) among people who take Cymbalta. The study analyzes: the time on Cymbalta when people have Bladder infection, age of these people, the severity of Bladder infection, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Cymbalta. In total 39,943 Cymbalta users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is used in depression, fibromyalgia, stress and anxiety, dysthymia, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea, dizziness, fatigue, pain, stress and anxiety.
Bladder infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Apr, 28, 2013: 39,943 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 801 people (2.01%) have Bladder Infection.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Bladder infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder infection||53.57%||28.57%||3.57%||3.57%||1.19%||0.00%||9.52% |
Age of people who have Bladder infection when taking Cymbalta * :
|Bladder infection||0.00%||0.00%||1.16%||3.36%||4.98%||16.57%||31.87%||42.06% |
Severity of Bladder infection when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bladder infection||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Bladder infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bladder infection||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (273 people, 34.08%)
- Multiple sclerosis (195 people, 24.34%)
- Pain (145 people, 18.10%)
- Anxiety (121 people, 15.11%)
- Osteoporosis (83 people, 10.36%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (180 people, 22.47%)
- Neurontin (165 people, 20.60%)
- Aspirin (165 people, 20.60%)
- Lyrica (153 people, 19.10%)
- Ambien (150 people, 18.73%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether bladder infection is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Medications improved fibromyalgia for about 1.5 years until side effects began to outweigh benefits. Tremor & myoclonic jerking seemed linked to build up of SINGULAIR, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil & Lyrica. Tremor, jerking and mood problems lessened when SINGULAIR was discontinued. Cognition improved slightly when Elavil was discontinued. Urinary retention lessened when Cymbalta dose was lowered to 40mg.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Which Tobacco user drug is better for me?
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone Acetate Eye Drops, Vancomycin, Propofol, Prednisone Tab, Morphine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cefepime, Methylprednisolone, Insulin Lispro, Insulin Glargine, Glipizide, Pravastatin, Pantoprazole, Cetirizine, Heparin Lock-flush, Ferrous Sulfate Tab, Fentanyl, Ceftriaxone, Timolol Eye Drops, Norepinephrine, Gabapentin, Furosemide, Succinlicholine, Arixtra, Enoxaparin Sodium, Aspirin
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Protonix, Pepcid, Rocephin, Phenergan, Morphine, Norco, Oxycontin, Valium, Vitamin D, Cellcept, Prograf, Fish Oil, Acetaminophen, Sulfamethoxazole W, Lovenox, Tadalafil, Plavix, Testosterone, Demerol, Ambien Cr, Sodium Chloride, Loniten, Versed, Vancocin Hydrochloride, Transderm Scop, Ambien, Robaxin, Catapres, Coreg, Neurontin, Percocet, Cardura, Valcyte, Zocor, Ferrous Sulfate Tab, Deltasone, Mintox, Corticosteroid Nos, Sublimaze Preservative Free, Benadryl, Zofran, Lexapro, Marcaine, Dilaudid, Fragmin, Cleocin Hydrochloride, Norvasc, Kayexalate, Vasotec, Decadron, Normodyne, Flomax, Lyrica, Colace, Thymoglobulin
- A study of drug interactions between Vancomycin, Piperacillin And Tazobactam, Ceftriaxone, Ciprofloxacin, Cyclosporine, Gentamicin, Prednisone Tab
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Tylenol, Imodium, Prochlorperazine, Cefepime, Augmentin, Ambien, Diazepam, Morphine, Rocephin, Pepcid, Hydrocodone, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Protonix, Lidocaine, Ondansetron, Dexamethasone, Prednisone, Hydralazine Hcl, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Vancomycin, Leucovorin Calcium, Oxaliplatin, Avastin, Fluorouracil, Miconazole, Decadron, Isordil, Famotidine, Labetalol Hcl, Imdur, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Magnesium, Alprazolam, Indomethacin, Atarax, Diovan, Zofran, Compazine, Aloxi, Lomotil, Levaquin, Emend, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Amlodipine Besylate, Carafate
- A study of drug interactions between Elidel, Triamcinolone, Vincristine, Ceftriaxone Sodium, Bactrim, Azithromycin, Blood Cells, Packed Human, Dexamethasone, Pepcid, Famotidine, Ceftazidime, Vancomycin, Hydrocortisone, Mercaptopurine, Sulfamethoxazole, Amoxicillin, Methotrexate, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Prednisone Tab, Pyridoxine Hcl
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium, Precedex, Lansoprazole, Insulin, M.v.i., Oxycodone Hcl, Ceftriaxone, Lorazepam, Aspirin, Revlimid, Azacitidine
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone Tab, Vancomycin, Ceftriaxone
- A study of drug interactions between Cancidas, Voriconazole, Granisetron, Vancomycin, Linezolid, Tazobactam, Prednisone Tab, Pantoprazole, Morphine, Ceftriaxone Sodium, Furosemide, Cetirizine Hcl, Ceftazidime, Amantadine Hcl, Pregabalin, Metoclopramide, Torsemide, Rasburicase, Piperacillin, Heparin, Amphotericin B, Acyclovir, Novalgin, Aranesp, Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Dronabinol, Dopamine Hcl, Dexamethasone, Cyclosporine, Amlodipine, Acetaminophen, Bromazepam, Nitrendipine, Tetrazepam, Laxoberal
- A study of drug interactions between Metoclopramide, Metoprolol Succinate, Ezetimibe, Filgrastim, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Travoprost, Aranesp, Omeprazole, Digoxin, Darbepoetin Alfa In Polysorbat, Revlimid, Antibiotics, Neupogen, Vancomycin Hcl, Prednisone Tab, Rocephin, Platelets, Acidophilis, Multi-vitamins