Review: could Cymbalta cause Bloodshot eyes (Eye redness)?
Summary: Bloodshot eyes is reported only by a few people who take Cymbalta.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Bloodshot eyes. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloodshot eyes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Bloodshot eyes >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,376 Cymbalta users)
Bloodshot eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, depression. (latest reports from 743 Bloodshot eyes patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Bloodshot Eyes.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Bloodshot eyes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bloodshot eyes||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bloodshot eyes when taking Cymbalta * :
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Bloodshot eyes when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bloodshot eyes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 60.00%)
- Glaucoma (1 people, 20.00%)
- Chronic depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 20.00%)
- Erectile dysfunction (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvasc (1 people, 20.00%)
- Brimonidine tartrate (1 people, 20.00%)
- Metoclopramide hcl (1 people, 20.00%)
- Eliquis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Cialis (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloodshot Eyes while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Bloodshot Eyes
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Bloodshot Eyes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 70-year old woman with Insomnia, Chronic Pain. The patient has Sleep Apnia, Plmd
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.