Review: could Cymbalta cause Breast tenderness (Breast pain)?
Summary: Breast tenderness is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prilosec, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Breast tenderness. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast tenderness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Breast tenderness >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,390 Cymbalta users)
Breast tenderness has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 9,948 Breast tenderness patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 45,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 65 people (0.14%) have Breast Tenderness.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Breast tenderness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast tenderness||12.50%||43.75%||6.25%||6.25%||6.25%||18.75%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Breast tenderness when taking Cymbalta * :
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||0.00%||2.90%||7.25%||8.70%||26.09%||30.43%||24.64% |
Severity of Breast tenderness when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||50.00%||41.67%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Breast tenderness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (26 people, 40.00%)
- Sleep disorder (9 people, 13.85%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (9 people, 13.85%)
- Nasal disorder (8 people, 12.31%)
- Asthma (8 people, 12.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (17 people, 26.15%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 23.08%)
- Nexium (14 people, 21.54%)
- Neurontin (14 people, 21.54%)
- Xanax (14 people, 21.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
karebear777 (4 years ago):
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, mixed connective tissue diseas, ra and Thin Basement Membrane Disease of the kidneys, I have been on cymbalta about 5 weeks now 60 mg and side affects have been hard on me, but the latest new symptom is breast tenderness with 2 small lumps the size of a pencil eraser only in right breast...think i should call my dr tomorrow. Has anyone had similar affects?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and breast tenderness on
Do you have Breast Tenderness while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Breast Tenderness
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Breast Tenderness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Junel Fe 1/20, Lexapro, Fioricet for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Anxiety, Headache. The patient has Breast Tenderness
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of side effects of Plan B One-step for a 16-year old girl with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Nausea, Bladder Discomfort, Uti - Acute, Breast Tenderness
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.