Review: could Cymbalta cause Diarrhea?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 43,124 people who take Cymbalta. Among them, 1,857 have Diarrhea. See who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dizziness aggravated.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,064,625 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, acupuncture and pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 43,124 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,857 people (4.31%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (547 people, 29.46%)
- Pain (205 people, 11.04%)
- Fibromyalgia (194 people, 10.45%)
- Anxiety (175 people, 9.42%)
- Hypertension (131 people, 7.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (300 people, 16.16%)
- Aspirin (266 people, 14.32%)
- Nexium (263 people, 14.16%)
- Neurontin (249 people, 13.41%)
- Ambien (239 people, 12.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cymbalta, Diarrhea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
From this study (12 months ago):
When mixed with bactrim ds it causes diarrhea
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Diarrhea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Magnesium Orotate, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Red Cherry, Tart Cherry, CoQ-10, Fish Oil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Metformin, Niaspan, Synthroid, Premarin, Victoza, Clonazepam, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Fenofibrate, Crestor for a patient with Eczema, Health, Heart Rate Irregular, Energy Increased, Liver Fatty, Antioxidant Therapy, Skin Disorder, Hair Disorder, Sleepy, Sinus Headache, Counteract Niaspan Effects, Heartburn, Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Hypothyroidism, Menopause Hot Flashes, Anxiety, Restlessness, Depression, Blood Triglycerides Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Lortab, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, Insulin for a patient with Pain Management, Pain In Limb, Depressive Symptom, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Confusion, Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Diarrhoea
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.