Review: could Cymbalta cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,862 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Diarrhea >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,367 Cymbalta users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,862 people (4.07%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (548 people, 29.43%)
- Pain (205 people, 11.01%)
- Fibromyalgia (196 people, 10.53%)
- Anxiety (176 people, 9.45%)
- Hypertension (131 people, 7.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (300 people, 16.11%)
- Aspirin (266 people, 14.29%)
- Nexium (263 people, 14.12%)
- Neurontin (249 people, 13.37%)
- Ambien (239 people, 12.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 40-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Breast Enlargement
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 38-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mouth Injury
- A study of side effects of Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Vulvovaginal Dryness
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.