Review: could Cymbalta cause Dyspnea?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 43,124 people who take Cymbalta. Among them, 1,885 have Dyspnea. See who they are, when they have Dyspnea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dizziness aggravated.
Dyspnea (difficult or laboured breathing) (latest reports from 1,304,931 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 43,124 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,756 people (4.07%) have Dyspnea.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Dyspnea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Dyspnea when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Dyspnea when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dyspnea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (499 people, 28.42%)
- Pain (205 people, 11.67%)
- Anxiety (161 people, 9.17%)
- Fibromyalgia (149 people, 8.49%)
- Hypertension (128 people, 7.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (348 people, 19.82%)
- Ambien (322 people, 18.34%)
- Nexium (301 people, 17.14%)
- Lyrica (281 people, 16.00%)
- Zometa (267 people, 15.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cymbalta, Dyspnea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Hemoglobin level was 7.4 in September, now at 8.6. Had gastric bypass in 2002, with no previous anemia issues.
From this study (4 months ago):
I have never been in very good shape. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago with afib. I have not felt like doing very much because of it. At one time I was able to walk about 1 to 1.5 miles and lost 35 lbs. doing that and cutting back on my food. Now I have gained it all back plus some and can't even walk around the block. My cerebellar ataxia causes poor balance and when I get tired it is worse. I feel like I am stuck because I need to exercise but I can't seem to get any stronger to build up my tolerance. All my medical conditions combined with the meds I have to take seem to be working against me.
From this study (1 year ago):
Had pneumonia mid-December 2012. Severe Shortness of breath upon exertion continues.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Dyspnea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Dyspnea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Cymbalta, Seroquel, Lamictal for a patient with Pain Trauma Activated, Aat Deficiency, Depression, Insomnia, Bipolar 1. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Weakness, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Vitamin E, Calcium Citrate, Omeprazole, Xarelto, Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Multaq, Atenolol, Atenolol, Atenolol for a patient with Cerebellar Ataxia, Insomnia, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Barrett's Esophagus, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Depression, Tachycardia, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Hypertension. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension, Weakness, Obesity, Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (Sleep apnea), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Spinocerebellar Ataxia, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Advair Diskus 500/50, Singulair, Cymbalta, Risperidone, Duoneb, Combivent, Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Calcium for a patient with Cerebral Aneurysm, Asthma, Ptsd, Gerd, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation. The patient has Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty)
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Dyspnea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.