Review: could Cymbalta cause Flat affect?
Summary: Flat affect is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prozac, and have Depression.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Flat affect. Find out below who they are, when they have Flat affect and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Flat affect >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,367 Cymbalta users)
Flat affect (absence of emotional response to a situation) has been reported by people with depression, pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 1,391 Flat affect patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 45,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 67 people (0.15%) have Flat Affect.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Flat affect * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Flat affect||14.29%||42.86%||21.43%||14.29%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Flat affect when taking Cymbalta * :
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||7.04%||1.41%||2.82%||30.99%||25.35%||32.39% |
Severity of Flat affect when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Flat affect ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (43 people, 64.18%)
- Mood altered (5 people, 7.46%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 5.97%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (4 people, 5.97%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 5.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (18 people, 26.87%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 20.90%)
- Diflucan (12 people, 17.91%)
- Paxil (10 people, 14.93%)
- Namenda (10 people, 14.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and flat affect on
Do you have Flat Affect while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Flat Affect
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Flat Affect
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Armour Thyroid, Cymbalta for a 61-year old woman with Premature Menopause, Hyperthyroidism, Teenagers And Depression. The patient has Unexpected Seemingly Reasonable Confrontational Similar To Wellbutrin Side Effect For Me Which Became Severe
- A study of side effects of Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old man with Chronic Pain. The patient has Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin)
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 40-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Breast Enlargement
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 38-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mouth Injury
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.