Review: could Cymbalta cause Flat affect?
Summary: Flat affect is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prozac, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Flat affect. Find out below who they are, when they have Flat affect and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Flat affect >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,384 Cymbalta users)
Flat affect (absence of emotional response to a situation) has been reported by people with depression, pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 1,391 Flat affect patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 67 people (0.15%) have Flat Affect.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Flat affect * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Flat affect||14.29%||42.86%||21.43%||14.29%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Flat affect when taking Cymbalta * :
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||7.04%||1.41%||2.82%||30.99%||25.35%||32.39% |
Severity of Flat affect when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Flat affect ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (43 people, 64.18%)
- Mood altered (5 people, 7.46%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 5.97%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (4 people, 5.97%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 5.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (18 people, 26.87%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 20.90%)
- Diflucan (12 people, 17.91%)
- Paxil (10 people, 14.93%)
- Namenda (10 people, 14.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and flat affect on
Do you have Flat Affect while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Flat Affect
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Flat Affect
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Celexa, Cymbalta for a 64-year old woman with PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Vertigo Positional
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 25-year old woman with Depression, Add. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.