Review: could Cymbalta cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 43,124 people who take Cymbalta. Among them, 2,840 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dizziness aggravated.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,171,372 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 43,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 2,677 people (6.22%) have Headache.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Headache when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (961 people, 35.90%)
- Fibromyalgia (343 people, 12.81%)
- Pain (297 people, 11.09%)
- Anxiety (261 people, 9.75%)
- Multiple sclerosis (172 people, 6.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (342 people, 12.78%)
- Neurontin (311 people, 11.62%)
- Xanax (297 people, 11.09%)
- Nexium (286 people, 10.68%)
- Aspirin (257 people, 9.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cymbalta, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (5 months ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
From this study (6 months ago):
The only time the pain is partially releaved is lying in a prone position with heat on my posterior neck and the back of my head. The pain strats in my shoulders and neck and radiates up the back of my head.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hiccups with cymbalta
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Metoprolol Succinate, Vitamin D, Ambien, Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, Cymbalta for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Hypertension, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, Depression - Major. The patient has Menstruation Irregular, Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (Dry eyes), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Headache, Alopecia Universalis (Alopecia areata), Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (Restless leg syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Fioricet, Percocet, Nuvigil, Dexilant, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Actemra, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothroid, Celebrex, Cymbalta for a patient with Headache, Pain, Fatigue, Gerd, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Overactive Bladder, Hypertension, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Headache, Pain - Neck (Neck pain)
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.