Review: could Cymbalta cause Joint swelling?
Summary: Joint swelling is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 341 have Joint swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Joint swelling >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,390 Cymbalta users)
Joint swelling has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,916 Joint swelling patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 341 people (0.75%) have Joint Swelling.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Joint swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint swelling||30.77%||38.46%||0.00%||15.38%||11.54%||3.85%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Joint swelling when taking Cymbalta * :
|Joint swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.95%||12.66%||19.30%||34.49%||32.59% |
Severity of Joint swelling when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint swelling||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint swelling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (120 people, 35.19%)
- Fibromyalgia (73 people, 21.41%)
- Pain (66 people, 19.35%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (55 people, 16.13%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 12.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (112 people, 32.84%)
- Aspirin (71 people, 20.82%)
- Lexapro (65 people, 19.06%)
- Humira (63 people, 18.48%)
- Percocet (60 people, 17.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and joint swelling on
Do you have Joint Swelling while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Joint Swelling
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Joint Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 56-year old man with Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Avalide for a 54-year old woman with Seasonal Allergy, Heartburn, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Water Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Estrace, Ambien Cr, Cymbalta, Buspar, Acyclovir, Klonopin, Trileptal for a 36-year old woman with Postmenopause, Insomnia, Depression Postmenopausal, Anxiety Disorder, Herpes Simplex - Genital, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Emotional Disorder, Mental Status Changes, Fatigue, Stretch Marks, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Buffalo Hump
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Citicoline for a 52-year old woman with Fibromyalgia.
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Cymbalta for a 29-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Periods - Painful, Urinary Tract Infection Viral
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Lexapro, Cymbalta for a 66-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.