Review: could Cymbalta cause Muscle spasms?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 43,124 people who take Cymbalta. Among them, 931 have Muscle spasms. See who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dizziness aggravated.
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) (latest reports from 337,132 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 43,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 870 people (2.02%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||42.63%||30.53%||7.89%||6.84%||11.05%||0.53%||0.53% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Cymbalta * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||1.18%||6.84%||11.20%||26.42%||27.59%||26.77% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||18.18%||36.36%||45.45%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (335 people, 38.51%)
- Pain (187 people, 21.49%)
- Fibromyalgia (118 people, 13.56%)
- Anxiety (106 people, 12.18%)
- Multiple sclerosis (92 people, 10.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (199 people, 22.87%)
- Ambien (162 people, 18.62%)
- Aspirin (156 people, 17.93%)
- Lyrica (143 people, 16.44%)
- Percocet (141 people, 16.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cymbalta, Muscle spasms
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
i have been jittery and have muscle spasms since taking my medication at 1100 est.
From this study (2 years ago):
Medications improved fibromyalgia for about 1.5 years until side effects began to outweigh benefits. Tremor & myoclonic jerking seemed linked to build up of SINGULAIR, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil & Lyrica. Tremor, jerking and mood problems lessened when SINGULAIR was discontinued. Cognition improved slightly when Elavil was discontinued. Urinary retention lessened when Cymbalta dose was lowered to 40mg.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone experienced low albumin while on cymbalta
I have been diagnosed with very low albumin - have had ultrasound of kidneys and liver and urine test that are all good - wondering if low albumin may be caused by Cymbalta
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
- Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard?
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
More questions for: Cymbalta, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hiccups with cymbalta
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Muscle spasms
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Aches And Pains In Bones, Palpatations, Insomnia (sleeplessness), Memory Impairment, Sore Croaky Throat, Thirst - Excessive, Weight Increased, Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction), Tiredness (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan Hct, Vyvanse, Cymbalta for a patient with Hbp, Add, Depression. The patient has Muscle Spasms, Tachycardia, Hot Flush
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil, Lunesta, Klonopin, Singulair, Synthroid, Vagifem for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain Management, Allergy Prophylaxis, Hypothyroidism, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration, Tremor, Myoclonic Jerks, Migraine, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Confusion, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Tension Headaches (Tension headache), Urinary Retention, Muscle Spasms, Sweating Increased, Tearfulness, Depression Aggravated, Mood Altered (Mood swings), Vision Blurred, Nausea, Loss Of Weight (Weight loss - unintentional), Abnormal Words Or Word Usage Nos, Dry Eyes Aggravated, Teeth Clinching (Bruxism), Teeth Grinding (Bruxism), Discolored Teeth (Tooth - abnormal colors), Job Change, Eagles Syndrome, Urinary Tract Infection, Painful Red Eyes
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.