Review: could Cymbalta cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 932 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Muscle spasms >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,367 Cymbalta users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,975 Muscle spasms patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 45,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 932 people (2.04%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||43.28%||28.86%||7.46%||6.47%||11.94%||0.50%||1.49% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Cymbalta * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||1.11%||7.10%||10.86%||26.27%||27.49%||27.16% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||16.67%||41.67%||41.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (344 people, 36.91%)
- Pain (197 people, 21.14%)
- Fibromyalgia (129 people, 13.84%)
- Anxiety (112 people, 12.02%)
- Multiple sclerosis (100 people, 10.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (204 people, 21.89%)
- Ambien (163 people, 17.49%)
- Aspirin (161 people, 17.27%)
- Lyrica (153 people, 16.42%)
- Percocet (145 people, 15.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 44-year old woman with Croup. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Armour Thyroid, Cymbalta for a 61-year old woman with Premature Menopause, Hyperthyroidism, Teenagers And Depression. The patient has Unexpected Seemingly Reasonable Confrontational Similar To Wellbutrin Side Effect For Me Which Became Severe
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.