Review: could Cymbalta cause Night sweats?
Summary: Night sweats is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 329 have Night sweats. Find out below who they are, when they have Night sweats and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Night sweats >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,384 Cymbalta users)
Night sweats (sweating in night) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 10,668 Night sweats patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 329 people (0.72%) have Night Sweats.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Night sweats * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Night sweats||32.35%||29.41%||12.50%||9.56%||10.29%||2.94%||2.94% |
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Cymbalta * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||1.17%||4.39%||19.59%||28.36%||30.41%||16.08% |
Severity of Night sweats when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||4.55%||18.18%||59.09%||18.18% |
How people recovered from Night sweats ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (115 people, 34.95%)
- Anxiety (58 people, 17.63%)
- Pain (40 people, 12.16%)
- Hypertension (36 people, 10.94%)
- Fibromyalgia (32 people, 9.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (71 people, 21.58%)
- Lexapro (68 people, 20.67%)
- Lorazepam (60 people, 18.24%)
- Lyrica (60 people, 18.24%)
- Prevacid (55 people, 16.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and night sweats on
Do you have Night Sweats while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Night Sweats
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Night Sweats
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Dyazide for a 52-year old woman with Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension. The patient has Headache, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman with Type 1 Diabetes. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.