Cymbalta and Palpitations - from FDA reports
Palpitations is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Palpitations with Cymbalta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,293 people who have side effects when taking Cymbalta from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
95,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta.
Among them, 1,370 people (1.44%) have Palpitations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cymbalta when people have Palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 46.27 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.96 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.55 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.55 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.69 %
- 10+ years: 0.9 %
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Cymbalta *:
- female: 84.05 %
- male: 15.95 %
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Cymbalta *:
- 0-1: 0.19 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.97 %
- 20-29: 5.91 %
- 30-39: 14.63 %
- 40-49: 25.68 %
- 50-59: 26.45 %
- 60+: 26.16 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (60 people, 4.38%)
- Sleep Disorder (46 people, 3.36%)
- Back Pain (44 people, 3.21%)
- Osteoporosis (38 people, 2.77%)
- Asthma (38 people, 2.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (130 people, 9.49%)
- Lyrica (126 people, 9.20%)
- Neurontin (106 people, 7.74%)
- Ambien (98 people, 7.15%)
- Protonix (84 people, 6.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (445 people, 32.48%)
- Dizziness (439 people, 32.04%)
- Headache (345 people, 25.18%)
- Fatigue (343 people, 25.04%)
- Breathing Difficulty (293 people, 21.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Palpitations when taking Cymbalta?
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Cymbalta 98,300 users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 79,351 Palpitations patients).