Review: could Cymbalta cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
Summary: Petechiae is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Plavix, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Petechiae. Find out below who they are, when they have Petechiae and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Petechiae >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,390 Cymbalta users)
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 6,482 Petechiae patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 51 people (0.11%) have Petechiae.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Petechiae * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Petechiae when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Petechiae ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (31 people, 60.78%)
- Thromboangiitis obliterans (8 people, 15.69%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 13.73%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 9.80%)
- Pain (4 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (19 people, 37.25%)
- Coumadin (16 people, 31.37%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 27.45%)
- Simvastatin (13 people, 25.49%)
- Lyrica (12 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Petechiae
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 71-year old man with Depression. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.