Review: could Cymbalta cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
Summary: Rapid heart beat is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 508 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,384 Cymbalta users)
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,708 Rapid heart beat patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 508 people (1.11%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||45.10%||32.68%||7.19%||5.88%||6.54%||0.00%||2.61% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Cymbalta * :
|Rapid heart beat||0.19%||0.00%||1.31%||5.43%||12.55%||22.28%||31.65%||26.59% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||6.67%||60.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rapid heart beat||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (168 people, 33.07%)
- Fibromyalgia (72 people, 14.17%)
- Pain (55 people, 10.83%)
- Anxiety (30 people, 5.91%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (24 people, 4.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (66 people, 12.99%)
- Xanax (65 people, 12.80%)
- Neurontin (59 people, 11.61%)
- Aspirin (56 people, 11.02%)
- Ambien (53 people, 10.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and rapid heart beat on
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Requip, Azilect for a 54-year old man with Parkinsonism. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 71-year old man with Depression. The patient has Depression
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.