Review: could Cymbalta cause Rectal bleeding?
Summary: Rectal bleeding is reported only by a few people who take Cymbalta.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Rectal bleeding. Find out below who they are, when they have Rectal bleeding and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Rectal bleeding >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,390 Cymbalta users)
Rectal bleeding (bleeding from rectum) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, pain. (latest reports from 3,160 Rectal bleeding patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 45,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Rectal Bleeding.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Rectal bleeding * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rectal bleeding||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Cymbalta * :
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Rectal bleeding when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rectal bleeding ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Nerve pain (1 people, 25.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 25.00%)
- Lethargy (1 people, 25.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (1 people, 25.00%)
- Provigil (1 people, 25.00%)
- Ambien cr (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Phil (3 years ago):
Aged 60, Male. A history of Ulcerative Colitis which was thought to have 'burned out' 3 years ago. Prescribed 30mg Cymbalta per day by my consultant for pain control just under 1 month ago. The rectal bleeding started after approx 20 days and is so severe that I may have to stop usage.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and rectal bleeding on
Do you have Rectal Bleeding while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Rectal Bleeding
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Rectal Bleeding
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 71-year old man with Depression. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.