Review: could Cymbalta cause Restless leg?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 43,124 people who take Cymbalta. Among them, 317 have Restless leg. See who they are, when they have Restless leg and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dizziness aggravated.
Restless leg (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 66,229 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 43,124 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 317 people (0.74%) have Restless Leg.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Restless leg * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg||23.94%||12.68%||9.86%||12.68%||32.39%||7.04%||1.41% |
Age of people who have Restless leg when taking Cymbalta * :
|Restless leg||0.00%||0.00%||0.80%||3.59%||14.74%||18.33%||30.68%||31.87% |
Severity of Restless leg when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg||0.00%||32.00%||52.00%||16.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg||0.00%||22.22%||77.78% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (103 people, 32.49%)
- Pain (50 people, 15.77%)
- Restless legs syndrome (50 people, 15.77%)
- Sleep disorder (39 people, 12.30%)
- Muscle spasms (36 people, 11.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (92 people, 29.02%)
- Ambien (81 people, 25.55%)
- Lexapro (75 people, 23.66%)
- Zometa (62 people, 19.56%)
- Prilosec (59 people, 18.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cymbalta, Restless leg
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness. WBCs run 10.5 to 13.0 consistently. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have resulted in delay of care for back pain issues. At one time, I tried to get off of gabapentin - was titrating the dose(c my provider's permission). I noticed that the Restless Leg Syndrome that I had been experiencing had disappeared with the lower dose of Gabapentin. Unfortunately, the Meralgia Paresthetica synotoms increased & had to increase the Gabapentin back up. RLS came back with increased dose.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness.WBCs run 10.5 tp 13.0 consistanly. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have resulted in delay of care for back pain issues. At one time, I tried to get off of gabapentin - was titrating the dose(c my provider's permission). I noticed that the Restless Leg Syndrome that I had been experiencing had disappeared with the lower dose of Gabapentin. Unfortunately, the Meralgia Paresthetica synotoms increase & had to increase the Gabapentin back up. RLS came back with increased dose.
From this study (1 month ago):
I have been told and read in the instructions given by the pharmacy that restless legs can be a side effect of Cymbalta. Cymbalta works great for my neuropathy and depression, but the restless legs every night for a couple of hours is bad.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
- Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard?
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
- How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
More questions for: Cymbalta, Restless leg
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hiccups with cymbalta
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Restless leg
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Tramadol, Multivitamin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Amlodipine for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Drugs For Pain, Daily Vitamin Tablet, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd, Chest Pain, Back Muscke Spasm, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Balm, Meralgia Paraesthetica, Ibs, Ankle Replacement, High Blood Cholesterol, Prophylaxis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Chrinically Elevated Wbcs - 10.5 - 13.0
- A study of drug interactions between Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a patient with Restlessness, Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Restless leg
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.