Review: could Cymbalta cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 341 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,367 Cymbalta users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,156 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 45,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 341 people (0.75%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||25.93%||22.22%||9.26%||17.59%||20.37%||3.70%||0.93% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.18%||13.87%||25.72%||37.57%||19.65% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||2.70%||35.14%||51.35%||10.81% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||10.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (141 people, 41.35%)
- Anxiety (64 people, 18.77%)
- Pain (47 people, 13.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (31 people, 9.09%)
- Fibromyalgia (24 people, 7.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (51 people, 14.96%)
- Lyrica (44 people, 12.90%)
- Lisinopril (40 people, 11.73%)
- Valium (38 people, 11.14%)
- Zometa (36 people, 10.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and sexual dysfunction on
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamins, Crestor, Exforge for a 68-year old man with Vitamin B1 Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of side effects of Pomalyst for a 69-year old man with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.