Review: could Cymbalta cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 45,678 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 339 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Cymbalta 49,275 users)
Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.(latest reports from Sexual Dysfunction 30,046 patients)
On Dec, 8, 2014: 45,655 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 339 people (0.74%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||26.42%||22.64%||9.43%||17.92%||18.87%||3.77%||0.94% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.20%||13.66%||25.87%||37.79%||19.48% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||2.86%||37.14%||48.57%||11.43% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (139 people, 41.00%)
- Anxiety (64 people, 18.88%)
- Pain (47 people, 13.86%)
- Bipolar disorder (31 people, 9.14%)
- Fibromyalgia (24 people, 7.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (51 people, 15.04%)
- Lyrica (44 people, 12.98%)
- Lisinopril (40 people, 11.80%)
- Valium (38 people, 11.21%)
- Zometa (36 people, 10.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cymbalta
Now found out I have incompetent vein in leg which may be part of the problem had cystocopy and found cysts in kidney, then developed hypertension but no one will diagnose the pain. Now decided it is the same as diabetic neuropathy but as gp and consultant point out I am a long way from being diabetic with perfect blood glucose so thinks it's just guessing and hope
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
- Tranxene and sexual problems
Tranxene 15 mg has taken them and will cause sexual dysfunction once have been off them for a week or so then begin to have normal sexual activity once back on them again cause the same problem again does not tell about the side effects on the pamplets.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Numbness between toes
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a few weeks now and this has not gone away, and if anything seems to cover a larger area. Oddly enough I mentioned this to a friend today and she says she has the same thing, between her second and third toe...both of us on our right feet. She is also on an antidepressant but couldn't remember which one, but we thought this was an odd coincidence. She explained it as sort of a sensation that there is a hole in your sock or shoe...and that made sense to me...there is still some sensation in the area but it is an odd feeling...something isn't quite right. I am doing some online research right now to try to figure out if this is common with Cymbalta or not?
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came back normal. PSA low etc. Each incident I took a Viagra and during sex I ejaculated semen. I waited a month, masturbated and everything was fine,, had sex and there was red blood in my precum. Finally after 3 months it stopped. The second time it occurred I was concerned and went back to the doctor to be told I was fine. The third time, it was directly related to Viagra. I can take Cialis without a problem. No one seems to say it is the Viagra,,, except my body
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- I was on abilify along with these meds at first, and started right away on 40 mg of prozac, but lowered it to 20, because of feeling really sick and weird, same with the abilify. but now i am still feeling sick, confused, and extremely depressed/anxious. just maybe a bit less.
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.