Home > Cymbalta > Sexual dysfunction > Cymbalta and Sexual dysfunction
Review: could Cymbalta cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 45,625 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 339 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,215 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) (latest reports from 130,114 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 45,625 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 339 people (0.74%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||26.42%||22.64%||9.43%||17.92%||18.87%||3.77%||0.94% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.20%||13.66%||25.87%||37.79%||19.48% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||2.86%||37.14%||48.57%||11.43% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (139 people, 41.00%)
- Anxiety (64 people, 18.88%)
- Pain (47 people, 13.86%)
- Bipolar disorder (31 people, 9.14%)
- Fibromyalgia (24 people, 7.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (51 people, 15.04%)
- Lyrica (44 people, 12.98%)
- Lisinopril (40 people, 11.80%)
- Valium (38 people, 11.21%)
- Zometa (36 people, 10.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Numbness between toes
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came bac ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Cymbalta side effects
This summer I was put on Cymbalta 65mg because of anxiety. Boy what a mistake (at least for me). I went from a fairly normal life to a life of depression, suicidal thoughts, vertigo, nausea, pain the the back and neck, no energy, no appetite, fatigue, withdrawal from life, fear of dying etc, etc, ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Leflunomide, Vitamin B12, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Methotrexate Preservative Free for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sapho Syndrome, Malabsorption. The patient has Sinus Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Malabsorption, Lower Blood Pressure, Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Erectile Dysfunction, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Lisinopril, Cymbalta for a patient with Chronic Pain, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Dry Orgasms, Sexual Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Head In A Fog In The Morning (can't Think Correctly), Head Pressure - Like In A Vise - Each Morning, Erectile Disturbance, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Cymbalta, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Flexeril, Aspirin, Ambien for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Bph, Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Melatonin, Xanax, Topamax for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Chronic Insomnia, Panic Attacks, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Biliary Dyskinesia, Failure To Thrive, Withdrawal From Opioids, Terminal Insomnia, Sexual Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Adderall 10, Fentanyl Citrate for a patient with Depression, Fatigue, Pain Management. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Isentress, Prezista, Norvir, Cymbalta, Flomax, Acyclovir, Septra Ds, Restoril, Ativan, Norco, Prilosec, Adderall 30, Prochlorperazine Maleate for a patient with Aids, Neurotic Depression (dysthymia), Urinary Incontinence, Prophylactics, Prophylaxis, Insomnia, Anxiety, Pain In Limb, Barrett's Oesophagus, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Neuropathy Peripheral, Insomnia, Prophylaxis Of Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Viagra for a patient with Depression, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pristiq, Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 46-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Neurontin for a 72-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Prozac for a 36-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Elavil for a 54-year old woman who has Migraine Hemiplegic
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Paxil, Cymbalta for a 37-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 33-year old man who has Drug Therapy Changed
- Comparions of Celexa, Wellbutrin Sr, Cymbalta for a 27-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Serzone, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox for a 20-year old man who has OCD
More related comparison studies for: Cymbalta, Sexual dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.