Review: could Cymbalta cause Sleep?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 43,124 people who take Cymbalta. Among them, 1,852 have Sleep. See who they are, when they have Sleep and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Cymbalta include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dizziness aggravated.
Sleep (latest reports from 481,481 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking.
On Feb, 10, 2014: 43,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,736 people (4.04%) have Sleep.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sleep * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleep when taking Cymbalta * :
Severity of Sleep when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleep ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (640 people, 36.87%)
- Pain (293 people, 16.88%)
- Fibromyalgia (188 people, 10.83%)
- Anxiety (157 people, 9.04%)
- Hypertension (112 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (279 people, 16.07%)
- Klonopin (219 people, 12.62%)
- Aspirin (210 people, 12.10%)
- Synthroid (180 people, 10.37%)
- Neurontin (164 people, 9.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cymbalta, Sleep
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cymbalta side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cymbalta drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
narcolepsy diabebes fibromyalgia anxiety severs depression
From this study (10 months ago):
I have been diagnosed with anxiety, emotioally unstable personality, anxiety, depression, migraines, non-epiltpic attacks, sleep seizures, night terrors, and PTSD
Have recently had coil fitted very tired
From this study (12 months ago):
Always dealt with pain. Mostly lower back. Other issues are: shoulder pain, neck pain, severe muscle cramping in hands, legs and feet and headaches.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How many doses can i take?
I have been using cyproheptadine for two months now, twice a week. I have just ordered a hair pill call hairfinity which consist of biotin and should be taken 2 times a day. Is it good to take both pills at the same time? If not when can I take both? And how many should take a day?
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard?
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
More questions for: Cymbalta, Sleep
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Sleep
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-50, Flexeril, Prilosec, Roxicodone, Metformin, Daytrana, Crestor, Cymbalta for a patient with Chronic Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Pain, Diabetes Mellitus, Narcolepsy, High Density Lipoprotein, Depression. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Peripheral Neuropathy, Sleepiness (Drowsiness), Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Onfi, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine for a patient with Contraception, Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, Gastric Disorder, Depression, Epilepsy. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition (Sleep disorder), Nightmares - Repeated (Repeated nightmares), Sleep Terror, Muscle Twitching, Joint Aches (Joint pain), Abdominal Cramps (Abdominal pain), Headache, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weight Increased, Drowsiness, Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal, Migraine With Aura, Dry Mouth, Mood Swings, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Dexedrine for a patient with Panic Attacks, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence. The patient has Costochondritis, Sleepiness - During The Day (Drowsiness), Shoulder Pain, Back Pain, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping (Blockage of leg arteries), Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Aricept, Aricept Odt, Vitamin B12, Warfarin Sodium, Warfarin Sodium, Cymbalta, Macrobid, Metformin Hydrochloride, Namenda, Metformin Hydrochloride, Namenda, Pravastatin Sodium, Synthroid, Zestril, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Atrial Fibrillation, Alzheimer's Disease, Anemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Urinary Tract Infection, Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Disorientation (Confusion), Fever, Fatigue, Lethargy (Fatigue), Pupil Fixed, Sleepiness (Drowsiness), Confusional State
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Cymbalta, Adderall 20, Clonazepam, Ibuprofen, Vicodin for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Daytime Sleep Disorder, Pain, Pain Management. The patient has Painful Erection, Involuntary Eye Movements (Eye movements - uncontrollable), Sleepy (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Seroquel, Strattera, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Pain - Back, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Adhd, Major Depressive Disorder, Exercise-induced Asthma. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Anorgasmia (Orgasmic dysfunction), Somnolence (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Adderall 10, Wellbutrin for a patient with Depression, Add, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Sleep (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Cymbalta for a patient with Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Pain, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Blood Pressure Abnormal (Blood Pressure Management), Incoherent, Sleep (Drowsiness), Loss Of Consciousness, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Loss Of Visual Contrast Sensitivity, Sweating - Excessive (Hyperhidrosis)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Chantix for a patient with Depressed Mood, Cigarettes - Tips On How To Quit. The patient has Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Sleepy (Drowsiness)
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Sleep
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.