Home > Cymbalta > Sleep issues > Cymbalta and Sleep issues
Review: could Cymbalta cause Sleep issues (Insomnia)?
Summary: Sleep issues is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 45,655 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,490 have Sleep issues. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep issues and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sleep issues >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,259 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Sleep issues (sleep problems) (latest reports from 761,004 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 45,625 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 2,490 people (5.46%) have Sleep Issues.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sleep issues * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep issues||35.65%||29.73%||7.99%||9.62%||13.02%||2.96%||1.04% |
Age of people who have Sleep issues when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sleep issues||0.04%||0.04%||1.34%||8.07%||11.41%||24.21%||30.68%||24.21% |
Severity of Sleep issues when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep issues||6.45%||33.87%||45.16%||14.52% |
How people recovered from Sleep issues ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep issues||3.12%||15.62%||81.25% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (990 people, 39.76%)
- Fibromyalgia (310 people, 12.45%)
- Anxiety (306 people, 12.29%)
- Pain (295 people, 11.85%)
- Sleep disorder (177 people, 7.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (341 people, 13.69%)
- Xanax (334 people, 13.41%)
- Lyrica (292 people, 11.73%)
- Neurontin (290 people, 11.65%)
- Lexapro (288 people, 11.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Issues while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sleep Issues
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sleep Issues
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cymbalta
Now found out I have incompetent vein in leg which may be part of the problem had cystocopy and found cysts in kidney, then developed hypertension but no one will diagnose the pain. Now decided it is the same as diabetic neuropathy but as gp and consultant point out I am a long way from being diabetic with perfect blood glucose so thinks it's just guessing and hope
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- I know that thallasemia can protect some people from malaria, is that the same scenerio for ebola virus as well?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has No Symptoms Just Wondering, and takes Cymbalta)
Just wondering about the relation between Thallasemia and Ebola Virus
More questions for: Cymbalta, Sleep issues
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Numbness between toes
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Cymbalta)
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Pain - Joints, and takes Cymbalta)
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Sleep issues
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Multivitamin, Celexa, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Concerta, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Knee Swelling, Nutrition - Inadequate, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Esophageal Spasm, Adhd. The patient has Hypersensitivity, Insomnia Concerns, Decreased Appetite, Obsessive Thoughts, Body Temperature Increased, Paranoia
Comments: Adult ADHD with anxiety. Recently been developing paranoia symptoms
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I have been diagnosed for 5 years. All my other issues are getting better except the insomnia. I dont know if I need more dosage or if its just not working.
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hypercholesterolemia (high levels of cholesterol in the blood)
Comments: I never had high cholesterol before taking this drug. I am 31 years old and have had a hysterectomy and am in menopause as well.
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Plaquenil, Cymbalta, Vyvanse, Xyrem for a patient with Skin Infection, Birth Control, Connective Tissue Disorder, Ocd, Adhd, Hypersomnia. The patient has Hyperandrogenism
Comments: Very sudden onset - 1-2 days. Massive reduction in breast size (ddd to b cup), severe brain fog, oily skin, missed periods. Effects gradually lessened over 8 weeks.
- A study of side effects of Cortef for a patient with Addison's Disease. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I need this med but I need to know how to get some rest so i can work too.
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Sleep issues
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.