Review: could Cymbalta cause Sleep issues (Insomnia)?
Summary: Sleep issues is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 45,770 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,492 have Sleep issues. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep issues and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sleep issues >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,376 Cymbalta users)
Sleep issues (sleep problems) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,509 Sleep issues patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 2,492 people (5.44%) have Sleep Issues.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sleep issues * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep issues||35.55%||29.94%||7.96%||9.59%||12.98%||2.95%||1.03% |
Age of people who have Sleep issues when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sleep issues||0.04%||0.04%||1.34%||8.06%||11.44%||24.23%||30.66%||24.19% |
Severity of Sleep issues when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep issues||6.25%||34.38%||45.31%||14.06% |
How people recovered from Sleep issues ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep issues||2.94%||17.65%||79.41% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (990 people, 39.73%)
- Fibromyalgia (310 people, 12.44%)
- Anxiety (306 people, 12.28%)
- Pain (295 people, 11.84%)
- Sleep disorder (178 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (342 people, 13.72%)
- Xanax (334 people, 13.40%)
- Lyrica (293 people, 11.76%)
- Neurontin (290 people, 11.64%)
- Lexapro (288 people, 11.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Issues while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sleep Issues
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sleep Issues
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 64-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Crestor, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Cymbalta, Azilect for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Seditive, Anxiety, High Colesteral, Synthectic Dopamine For Parkinson Disease, Used For Nerve Pain Above Knees (both Legs), /worls With Existing Dopamine In The Brain. The patient has Shortness In Breath And Halucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of side effects of Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman with ADD, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperglycaemia, Dry Mouth, Memory Loss
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.