Home > Cymbalta > Sudden memory loss > Cymbalta and Sudden memory loss
Review: could Cymbalta cause Sudden memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Sudden memory loss is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression.
We study 45,655 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,566 have Sudden memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sudden memory loss >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,259 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Sudden memory loss
Sudden memory loss (latest reports from 62,112 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 45,655 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,566 people (3.43%) have Sudden Memory Loss.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sudden memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden memory loss||31.28%||23.13%||8.15%||13.22%||15.64%||5.95%||2.64% |
Age of people who have Sudden memory loss when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sudden memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.74%||4.66%||12.28%||26.11%||30.09%||26.11% |
Severity of Sudden memory loss when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sudden memory loss||7.53%||45.16%||39.78%||7.53% |
How people recovered from Sudden memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sudden memory loss||5.88%||0.00%||94.12% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (647 people, 41.32%)
- Pain (256 people, 16.35%)
- Fibromyalgia (223 people, 14.24%)
- Anxiety (188 people, 12.01%)
- Sleep disorder (133 people, 8.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (236 people, 15.07%)
- Ambien (235 people, 15.01%)
- Aspirin (197 people, 12.58%)
- Nexium (191 people, 12.20%)
- Neurontin (186 people, 11.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Memory Loss while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sudden Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sudden Memory Loss
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cymbalta
Now found out I have incompetent vein in leg which may be part of the problem had cystocopy and found cysts in kidney, then developed hypertension but no one will diagnose the pain. Now decided it is the same as diabetic neuropathy but as gp and consultant point out I am a long way from being diabetic with perfect blood glucose so thinks it's just guessing and hope
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I know that thallasemia can protect some people from malaria, is that the same scenerio for ebola virus as well?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has No Symptoms Just Wondering, and takes Cymbalta)
Just wondering about the relation between Thallasemia and Ebola Virus
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- What side effects from nuvigil and cymbalta creating seretonin syndrome?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Hot Red Skin On Face Neck And Back, and takes Suboxone , Nuvigil, Cymbalta)
My dr thinks that all the drugs I'm on are causing sedition syndrome. But I have t seen where a symptom was red flushed skin?
- What's wrong with me?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Irritable, Forgetfulness, No Focus, Insomnia , Mind Is Always Racing, Indecisive , Can't Complete Tasks, Impatient)
I have always been very impatient about everything. I'm never on time
I can't get anything accomplished around the house I can't concentrate or focus to get the laundry done or the dishes...I walk in circles most days accomplishing nothing!
Paperwork really stresses me! Wheat her it be for my ki ...
More questions for: Cymbalta, Sudden memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Numbness between toes
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Cymbalta)
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Pain - Joints, and takes Cymbalta)
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, and takes Lamictal, Cymbalta)
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Cymbalta side effects
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Cymbalta Side Effects, and takes Cymbalta)
This summer I was put on Cymbalta 65mg because of anxiety. Boy what a mistake (at least for me). I went from a fairly normal life to a life of depression, suicidal thoughts, vertigo, nausea, pain the the back and neck, no energy, no appetite, fatigue, withdrawal from life, fear of dying etc, etc, ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Sudden memory loss
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Abilify, Lexapro for a patient with ADHD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
Comments: I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: Was on 350mg about 4 years ago. Truth is, I do not remember. I have severe short term memory AND long term memory problems. Is this permanent? I honestly couldn't tell you the date my mom and brother died, although it was July of 2000 & 2002. My dad was Christmas Eve 2001 -that's easy to remember. I ...
- A study of side effects of Magic Mushrooms for a patient with Depression. The patient has Minor Cognitive Motor Disorder (mild impairment in functioning), Memory Loss
Comments: Hi i took magic mushrooms 2 month ago and had a bad trip. I always had bad memoryt since i was a child but after takeing some drugs and also doing a lot of martial arts etc it gotten so much worse! I took it 2 month ago and simple tasks become extremely difficult for me now. More then before.
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Sudden memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.