Review: could Cymbalta cause Sudden memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Sudden memory loss is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression.
We study 45,786 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,570 have Sudden memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sudden memory loss >>>
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 49,390 Cymbalta users)
Sudden memory loss
Sudden memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,471 Sudden memory loss patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 45,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 1,570 people (3.43%) have Sudden Memory Loss.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Sudden memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden memory loss||31.00%||23.14%||8.08%||13.10%||15.94%||5.90%||2.84% |
Age of people who have Sudden memory loss when taking Cymbalta * :
|Sudden memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.74%||4.64%||12.25%||26.18%||30.01%||26.18% |
Severity of Sudden memory loss when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sudden memory loss||8.25%||44.33%||40.21%||7.22% |
How people recovered from Sudden memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sudden memory loss||5.45%||1.82%||92.73% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (649 people, 41.34%)
- Pain (256 people, 16.31%)
- Fibromyalgia (223 people, 14.20%)
- Anxiety (189 people, 12.04%)
- Sleep disorder (133 people, 8.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (237 people, 15.10%)
- Ambien (235 people, 14.97%)
- Aspirin (198 people, 12.61%)
- Nexium (191 people, 12.17%)
- Neurontin (186 people, 11.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cymbalta and sudden memory loss on
Do you have Sudden Memory Loss while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Sudden Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Sudden Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Indapamide for a 61-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Sweating Increased, Anxiety, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Exforge, Cymbalta, Metaxalone, Opana for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.