Home > Cymbalta > Weight loss > Cymbalta and Weight loss
Review: could Cymbalta cause Weight loss?
We study 45,625 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from FDA and social media. Among them, 288 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Weight loss >>>
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,215 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Weight loss (latest reports from 98,557 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 45,625 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 288 people (0.63%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Cymbalta when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||36.36%||4.55%||18.18%||22.73%||9.09%||9.09% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Cymbalta * :
|Weight loss||0.40%||0.00%||1.19%||4.76%||19.44%||29.76%||32.94%||11.51% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Cymbalta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (137 people, 47.57%)
- Bipolar disorder (47 people, 16.32%)
- Pain (44 people, 15.28%)
- Anxiety (42 people, 14.58%)
- Insomnia (38 people, 13.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (156 people, 54.17%)
- Lexapro (87 people, 30.21%)
- Ambien (80 people, 27.78%)
- Risperdal (69 people, 23.96%)
- Zometa (69 people, 23.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Cymbalta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Cymbalta
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Numbness between toes
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Cymbalta side effects
This summer I was put on Cymbalta 65mg because of anxiety. Boy what a mistake (at least for me). I went from a fairly normal life to a life of depression, suicidal thoughts, vertigo, nausea, pain the the back and neck, no energy, no appetite, fatigue, withdrawal from life, fear of dying etc, etc, ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Weight loss
On eHealthMe, Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Cymbalta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cymbalta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Vitamin E, Calcium Citrate, Omeprazole, Xarelto, Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Multaq, Atenolol, Atenolol, Atenolol for a patient with Cerebellar Ataxia, Insomnia, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Barrett's Esophagus, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Depression, Tachycardia, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Hypertension. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension, Weakness, Obesity, Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Shortness Of Breath, Spinocerebellar Ataxia, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Metoprolol Tartrate, Allegra, Cytomel, Omeprazole, Methadone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a patient with Heart Disease Congenital, Allergies, Graves Disease, Reflux Esophagitis, Pain In Extremity, Pain Management. The patient has Lipids
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Weight loss
Recent Cymbalta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pristiq, Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 46-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Neurontin for a 72-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Prozac for a 36-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Elavil for a 54-year old woman who has Migraine Hemiplegic
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Paxil, Cymbalta for a 37-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 33-year old man who has Drug Therapy Changed
- Comparions of Celexa, Wellbutrin Sr, Cymbalta for a 27-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Serzone, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox for a 20-year old man who has OCD
More related comparison studies for: Cymbalta, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.