Review: could Cyproheptadine hydrochloride cause Aggression?
Summary: Aggression is reported only by a few people who take Cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
We study 210 people who have side effects while taking Cyproheptadine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Aggression. Find out below who they are, when they have Aggression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cyproheptadine hydrochloride and have Aggression >>>
Cyproheptadine hydrochloride has active ingredients of cyproheptadine hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Cyproheptadine hydrochloride 251 users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, pain.(latest reports from Aggression 28,616 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 210 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyproheptadine hydrochloride. Among them, 4 people (1.90%) have Aggression.
Time on Cyproheptadine hydrochloride when people have Aggression * :
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Cyproheptadine hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Cyproheptadine hydrochloride * :
Severity of Aggression when taking Cyproheptadine hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Aggression ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Asthma (2 people, 50.00%)
- Verbal abuse (1 people, 25.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vyvanse (2 people, 50.00%)
- Singulair (2 people, 50.00%)
- Adderall xr 10 (2 people, 50.00%)
- Risperidone (1 people, 25.00%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aggression while taking Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cyproheptadine hydrochloride and have Aggression
- support group for people who take Cyproheptadine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Aggression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can celexa cause aggression in children?
(Asked by a 11 year old boy who has Aggression, and takes Celexa)
My son takes celexa. He is very aggressive to me. He kicks,push,bites and hits me.
- How many doses can i take?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Drowsiness, and takes Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Biotin)
I have been using cyproheptadine for two months now, twice a week. I have just ordered a hair pill call hairfinity which consist of biotin and should be taken 2 times a day. Is it good to take both pills at the same time? If not when can I take both? And how many should take a day?
- My son took cyproheptadine 5ml in every bed time with anti-tb drugs. after getting 4 months later , he just got nystagmus. i had been checked with ophthalmologist and must be the se of cyproheptadin
(Asked by a 5 year old boy who takes Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride)
I want to know,do I need to consult with child neurologist or if it is due to Cyproheptadine SE, when will get normal.
- What to use to treat anger and aggression in teen
(Asked by a 14 year old boy who has Anger, Aggression)
my 14 year old son is very angry and aggressive wont listen argues constantly talks back it seems to be getting worse Im considering medication im not sure what the pediatrician would do help
- Can i take sodium valporoat while taking zyban in purpose of smoking cessation ( both nicotin and canabis) ?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Aggression, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride)
I have taken 150 mg zyban daily for 12 days by doctor prescription , i have headache , aggressive behavior , and also mind craving and suicidal thought , i am worried about other side effect too. , i want to know depakin ( sodium valporoat) can help me to tolerate this problem efficiently ? Can i take better medication instead ?
I smoked joint for 3 months regularly , and smoking cigrette for 9 years ( 12 cigratte )
More questions for: Cyproheptadine hydrochloride, Aggression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Massive aggression within first 4 days at 50mg (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crying Fits, Pins And Needles Feet, Pins And Needles Hands, Aggression, and takes Topamax)
am only taking 50mg and have only been taking it for 4 days(this is the evening of the 4th day)as a preventative for migraine headaches that I have suffered from from 16 years. I have had pins and needles in my hands and feet as well as spontaneous crying fits since day 2 and Major aggression since yesterday. With normally an insurmountable amount of patience with my 1 year old son, I outright yelled at him last night. This is unacceptable. I have never felt such quick and sudden rage over nothing before, well, over anything before.
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
(Posted by a 39 year old man who has Aggression, and takes Provigil)
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, my career is over. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? Do I have any rights?
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects (2 responses)
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Epilepsy, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Myoclonic Epilepsy, Partial Seizures, Constipation, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Gums - Bleeding, Agitation, Aggression, and takes Valproate Sodium, Lexapro, Topamax)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. No seizure control achieved.
Changed Neurologist, had a 48hr EEG and was changed to Sodium Valproate.
Have not had a Tonic Clinic seizure since. Suffer myoclnic seizures every day, Lamotrogine and Lacitimal? and Topamx introduced to try a stop the myoclonus... Lamotrogine made them far worse and dizzyness caused by Lacitimal was un-bearable even at very small dose.
Over the last 3yrs I have noticed and my family even commented on my changed personality - from a care free to someone that is easily aggitated and angry...even when I know things like young children being noisey etc shouldn't make me snap, they do... I know its wrong, but can't help myself... and then hate myself for being so "short" or intolerant of petty things.
My weight increased by 30kg with 4 months... more than 40% increase in weight.
My hair just falling out, by the 1000's every day... my bike helmet is full of hair and when washing, hair is visible in the shampoo bubbles.
My gums bleed very easily and they no longer grow up around the base of my teeth - they seem to be retracting away ( believe this message s called attrophy ).
Have researched quite extensively to see the likely hood of all these medical problem I have now being associated with the medications I take for my primary condition ( epilepsy ).. And given the frequency of seizure off medication is every few years, seeking advice from or to hear from anyone with similar conditions about how they addressed them and if they remained on the medications.
From this web site, all my symptoms seems to affect a very low % of people taking the meds... am I trying to link medical concerns to the medications unjustly... the likely hood of suffering all these side effects is extremely remote when most affect only 2 or 3 in100 people.
( likely hood of suffering all 5 conditions = approx 1 in 40,000,000
- more likey to be hypercondriact aren't I?
More reviews for: Cyproheptadine hydrochloride, Aggression
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin, Hydrocortone for a patient with Could Not Get Any More Hydrocodone/lortab/vicodin/norco, To Get High/recreational, Pain/to Get High/recreational. The patient has Lack Of Feeling, Aggression Aggravated, Personality Change
Comments: After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Norditropin Flexpro for a patient with Growth Hormone Deficiency. The patient has Aggression, Anger
Comments: Had dose increased 3 months ago, about a 2 months ago, stared with increasing oppositional, extreme anger and screaming outbursts when he does not get his way or is told to do something that he does not want to do
- A study of side effects of Valproate Sodium for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Aggression
Comments: Epilepsy had been absent for 20 years. Its re-emergence at age 34 was treated with valproate.
No previous history of aggression or violence.
Aggression ceased following stoppage of the drug with a switch to an alternative.
No other concurrent drugs.
- A study of side effects of Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Crying In Childhood, Depression, Disturbance In Attention, Vision Problems, Anxiety, Aggression, Nightmare Disorder (bad dreams during sleep), Night Terror (a partial waking from sleep with behaviours such as screaming, kicking, panic, sleep walking, thrashing, or mumbling)
Comments: My son became a different child about six months after starting generic montelukast 4mg for his asthma. His changes were gradual and did not begin right away so we never suspected the medication. Once we talked to his allergist about the night terrors we connected the dots and took him off of the me ...
More related studies for: Cyproheptadine hydrochloride, Aggression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.