Review: could Cytomel cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Cytomel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Depression.
We study 2,260 people who have side effects while taking Cytomel from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cytomel and have Anxiety >>>
Cytomel has active ingredients of liothyronine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 2,580 Cytomel users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 212,679 Anxiety patients)
On Feb, 21, 2015: 2,260 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytomel. Among them, 199 people (8.81%) have Anxiety.
Time on Cytomel when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Cytomel * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Cytomel * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Cytomel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (44 people, 22.11%)
- Hypothyroidism (40 people, 20.10%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 20.10%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 14.57%)
- Asthma (27 people, 13.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (86 people, 43.22%)
- Fosamax (65 people, 32.66%)
- Effexor (62 people, 31.16%)
- Coumadin (49 people, 24.62%)
- Zometa (48 people, 24.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cytomel and anxiety on
Do you have Anxiety while taking Cytomel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cytomel and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Cytomel
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 68-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Lortab, Xanax, Inderal, Zoloft, Adderall for a 29-year old woman with Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Hypertension, Depression, Adhd. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 55-year old man with Depression. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Recent Cytomel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Liothyronine Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 65-year old man who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Protonix, Liothyronine Sodium for a 68-year old woman who has Abnormal T3 Results
- Comparions of Liothyronine Sodium, Ranitidine for a 36-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Synthroid, Liothyronine Sodium for a 54-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Cytomel, Progesterone, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has BC-PS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.