Review: could Cytomel cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Cytomel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Thyroid diseases.
We study 2,257 people who have side effects while taking Cytomel from FDA and social media. Among them, 56 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cytomel and have Back pain >>>
Cytomel has active ingredients of liothyronine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Cytomel 2,577 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Back pain 105,943 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 2,257 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytomel. Among them, 56 people (2.48%) have Back Pain.
Time on Cytomel when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||88.89%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Cytomel * :
|Back pain||89.04%||10.96% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Cytomel * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||20.00%||45.71%||27.14% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Cytomel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (25 people, 44.64%)
- Thyroidectomy (22 people, 39.29%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 21.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (9 people, 16.07%)
- Fatigue (8 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (49 people, 87.50%)
- Cod liver oil (24 people, 42.86%)
- Celexa (14 people, 25.00%)
- Lipitor (14 people, 25.00%)
- Wellbutrin (13 people, 23.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Cytomel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cytomel and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Cytomel
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Ibuprofen, Cialis)
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
- How do u up your dose of msir safely?
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Morphine)
I've been on 60 mg a day and would like to go up, but I don't want to just take another 30 mg at once, should I go slowly and cut a pill into qtrs? Or what? I take two 30s a day.
- Can i use naloxone if i am hypothyroid for weight loss? what dose?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism--treated, Menopausal Symptoms--treated, Depression--treated, and takes Emsam, Liothyronine Sodium, Synthroid, Estradiol, Lithium Carbonate)
I am stable with my various conditions--treated hypothyroidism, treated menopausal symptoms, and treated depression. I would like to lose some weight and heard that Naloxone is helpful with this, but can cause hyperthyroidism is the usual alcoholism dose of 50 mg. is used. A much lower dose of 1.5-4 ...
More questions for: Cytomel, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Migraine with dyazide
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, and takes Dyazide, Cytomel, Cyclosporine, Zyflo Cr, Ergocalciferol, Zyrtec, Compazine)
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
More reviews for: Cytomel, Back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Liothyronine Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Pemphigoid
Comments: I had one blister in the back of my throat. A few weeks later I had a cluster of large blisters on my lower back (kidney area). A few days later I had a large one between my toes. About one week after that I had a small one at the base of my pinky finger. I am currently continuing meds and Progester ...
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Testosterone, Escitalopram, Iodine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Hormone Level Abnormal, Depression, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rectal Bleeding
Comments: I started having rectal bleeding/hemmroids about 2 months ago. I started on my thyroid pill and hormone cream about this time.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-12, Norco, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Food Intolerance, Weight Gain, Regurgitation, Nausea, Burning Stomach, Back Pain
Comments: Is it possible to develop a gluten intolerance from one or a combination of the above medications?
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
More related studies for: Cytomel, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.