Review: could Cytomel cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Cytomel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Thyroid diseases.
We study 2,260 people who have side effects while taking Cytomel from FDA and social media. Among them, 56 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cytomel and have Back pain >>>
Cytomel has active ingredients of liothyronine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 2,580 Cytomel users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,077 Back pain patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 2,260 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytomel. Among them, 56 people (2.48%) have Back Pain.
Time on Cytomel when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||88.89%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Cytomel * :
|Back pain||89.04%||10.96% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Cytomel * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||20.00%||45.71%||27.14% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Cytomel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (25 people, 44.64%)
- Thyroidectomy (22 people, 39.29%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 21.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (9 people, 16.07%)
- Fatigue (8 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (49 people, 87.50%)
- Cod liver oil (24 people, 42.86%)
- Celexa (14 people, 25.00%)
- Lipitor (14 people, 25.00%)
- Wellbutrin (13 people, 23.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cytomel and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Cytomel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cytomel and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Cytomel
- support group for people who have Back pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Skin Disorder. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Back Pain Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 35-year old woman with Macular Oedema. The patient has Back Stiffness, Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Side Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of side effects of Acetaminophen, Caffeine, And Dihydrocodeine Bitartrate for a 56-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction), Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril, Prevacid, Armour Thyroid, Imuran, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Soma for a 64-year old woman with Sinusitis Acute, Low Back Pain, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Sjogren's Syndrome, Chronic Depression, Muscle Rigidity. The patient has Depression, Back Pain, Gerd, Sjogren's Syndrome
Recent Cytomel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Liothyronine Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 65-year old man who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Protonix, Liothyronine Sodium for a 68-year old woman who has Abnormal T3 Results
- Comparions of Liothyronine Sodium, Ranitidine for a 36-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Synthroid, Liothyronine Sodium for a 54-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Cytomel, Progesterone, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has BC-PS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.