Review: could Cytoxan cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Cytoxan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Breast cancer.
We study 6,432 people who have side effects while taking Cytoxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 161 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cytoxan and have Hair loss >>>
Cytoxan has active ingredients of cyclophosphamide. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 6,491 Cytoxan users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 6,432 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytoxan. Among them, 161 people (2.50%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Cytoxan when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||12.50%||81.25%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Cytoxan * :
|Hair loss||89.63%||10.37% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Cytoxan * :
|Hair loss||1.41%||4.93%||0.00%||3.52%||14.79%||50.70%||14.08%||10.56% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Cytoxan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (57 people, 35.40%)
- Metastases to bone (44 people, 27.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 11.80%)
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (16 people, 9.94%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 9.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (76 people, 47.20%)
- Zometa (76 people, 47.20%)
- Adriamycin pfs (72 people, 44.72%)
- Taxol (55 people, 34.16%)
- Taxotere (43 people, 26.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cytoxan and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Cytoxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cytoxan and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Cytoxan
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tykerb for a 57-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body)
- A study of side effects of Ativan for a 41-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Nuprin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Cerebellar Infarction, High Colestrol, Cluster Headaches. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between D-Ribose, Restasis for a 46-year old woman with Fibroma, Eyes - Dry. The patient has Alopecia
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Cytoxan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Cyclophosphamide, Rituxan, Mycophenolate Mofetil for a 21-year old woman who has Wegener's Granulomatosis
- Comparions of Sirolimus, Cyclophosphamide, Vinorelbine for a 17-year old boy who has Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Stage I
- Comparions of Cytoxan, Tysabri for a 39-year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Mycophenolate Mofetil (Accord Hlthcare) - 500MG, Methotrexate Sodium (Dava Pharms Inc) - EQ 2.5MG BASE, Azathioprine (Roxane) - 50MG, Cyclophosphamide (Baxter Hlthcare) - 1GM/VIAL for a 52-year old man who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Docetaxel, Cyclophosphamide for a 68-year old woman who has Breast Cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.