Review: could Cytoxan cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Cytoxan, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 6,432 people who have side effects while taking Cytoxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 220 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cytoxan and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Cytoxan has active ingredients of cyclophosphamide. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Cytoxan 6,491 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Dec, 18, 2014: 6,432 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytoxan. Among them, 243 people (3.78%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Cytoxan when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||60.00%||26.67%||0.00%||6.67%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Cytoxan * :
|Urinary tract infection||94.33%||5.67% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Cytoxan * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.49%||0.00%||7.84%||3.43%||24.02%||34.80%||29.41% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Cytoxan ** :
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (73 people, 30.04%)
- Metastases to bone (61 people, 25.10%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (28 people, 11.52%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 7.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (147 people, 60.49%)
- Aredia (133 people, 54.73%)
- Adriamycin pfs (112 people, 46.09%)
- Coumadin (80 people, 32.92%)
- Vicodin (72 people, 29.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Cytoxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cytoxan and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Cytoxan
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, and takes Etoposide, Carboplatin , Ifosfamide, Vincristine Sulfate, Prednisone, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cyclophosphamide , Rituxan)
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Maca)
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
More questions for: Cytoxan, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
More reviews for: Cytoxan, Urinary tract infection
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Quinine Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin for a patient with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Neuropathic Pain, Coccydynia. The patient has Eye Pain, Frequent Headaches, Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Uti
Comments: Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: 52 years old.Been on pravastatin 1 month and incurred my first ever urinary tract infection. Have gone thru 4 rounds of antibiotics and still have infection and blood in urine 5 months later. Clears with antibiotic then reoccurs shortly thereafter
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Vincristine Sulfate, Rituxan, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Warfarin Sodium, Neurontin, Furosemide, Digoxin, Coreg, Klor-con M10, Nexium for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Stage Iv, Congestive Cardiac Failure, Mechanical Heart Valve, Neuropathy, Blood Potassium Decreased, Upset Stomach. The patient has Muscle Cramps
Comments: After undergoing chemo for Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma I have been getting severe leg cramps at night and sometimes during the day. Never had them before until beginning chemo. I now only receive rituxan every 8 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Sulfamethoxazole for a patient with Blood Clots, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: patient admitted to hospital with fractured pelvis, week later developed urinary infection. using heavy morphine for pain. what interactions could the sufamethoxazole and morphine have. patient seemingly in a morphuine induced coma.
More related studies for: Cytoxan, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.