Home > Dapsone > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Dapsone and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Dapsone cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Dapsone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 3,837 people who have side effects while taking Dapsone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dapsone and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Dapsone (latest outcomes from 3,921 users) has active ingredients of dapsone. It is often used in dermatitis herpetiformis.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 32,657 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 3,837 people reported to have side effects when taking Dapsone. Among them, 7 people (0.18%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Dapsone when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Dapsone * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||28.57%||71.43% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Dapsone * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||42.86% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (5 people, 71.43%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 42.86%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 42.86%)
- Dermatitis herpetiformis (3 people, 42.86%)
- Blood cholesterol (3 people, 42.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (4 people, 57.14%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 42.86%)
- Requip (3 people, 42.86%)
- Biotin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Pantothenic acid (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Dapsone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dapsone and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Dapsone
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone have really bad burning sensation and extreme fatigue when jessners reapears?
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Jessner's Lymphocytic Infiltration, and takes Dapsone)
when my jessners flares up I have an extreme burning sensation, I get no sleep when the jessners is at its worst, often go a weeki with just a few hours sleep. also feel extremely fatigued but this could be due to lack of sleep.
- as i have affected by leprosy, i am advised to take dapsone & refampin. after a period of 2 months, a brown leison is developed, lepra reaction type 2. i want to know, how to treat / remove it.
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Lepra Reaction Type 2, Leprosy, and takes Rifampin, Dapsone)
I am 59. Affected by leprosy. The usual drugs, dapsone & rifampin caused a brown leision. After taking anti allergic drugs & steroid, it is not cured. Any guy with similar experience, please guide how to treat it. Any medicine or any other remedy
More questions for: Dapsone, Drug withdrawal syndrome
More reviews for: Dapsone, Drug withdrawal syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Dapsone, Prednisone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Behcet's Syndrome. The patient has Gall Bladder Pain, Stiff Neck, Inflammation, Chest Pain
Comments: These attacks I am experiencing are growing more intense every time. They are also beginning to get closer and closer to the previous attack. I have been to the hospital 2 times in 3 weeks in fear for my life thinking i was having an heart attack.
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- A study of side effects of Dapsone for a patient with Urticaria Chronic. The patient has Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood), Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema (severe swelling can cause permanent damage to nerves, resulting in peripheral neuropathy), Methemoglobinemia - Acquired (induced a blood disorder in which an abnormal amount of methemoglobin), Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
Comments: Significant Lower extremity edema started after 3 doses of Dapsone 100 mg. NOS. Severe edema at 14 days. Lab results show drop in H&H with hemolysis evident. Day after stopping Dapsone onset of significant fatigue, activity intolerance, SOB and pallor. Methemoglobin level from ABG was 8. Platelets ...
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a patient with Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation), Short-term Memory Loss, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;), Violence-related Symptom, Theft, Sleep Disorder, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Carbohydrate Craving (a desire to have carbohydrate), Abnormal Loss Of Weight, Weight Above Normal
Comments: I had none of these symptoms before taking this medication. I was what was considered "Hyper" as a child but never even liked sweets before and now I crave candy bars and ice cream ect. It is now causing me to show signs of early diabetes. I often get confused and forget where I am going when I am d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Dapsone, Alphagan, Lumigan, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Metrogel, Fluocinolone Acetonide, Triamcinolone Acetonide, CoQ-10, Aspirin, Chlorhexidine Gluconate for a patient with Bullous Pemphigoid, Glaucoma, Allergy, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression - Elderly, Rosacea, Pemphigoid, Eczema, Antioxidant Therapy, Jet Lag, Infection. The patient has
Comments: I've had pemphigoid disease (cicatricial, bullous, and mucous membrane) for nearly one year. It is currently pretty well controlled by 10mg/day of Prednisone and 100mg/day of Dapsone. I would like to see fewer side effects (tremors and sleep disturbance) as well as a complete remission of the blis ...
More related studies for: Dapsone, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.