Home > Dapsone > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Dapsone and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Dapsone cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Dapsone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 3,837 people who have side effects while taking Dapsone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dapsone and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Dapsone (latest outcomes from 3,921 users) has active ingredients of dapsone. It is often used in dermatitis herpetiformis.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 150,245 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 3,836 people reported to have side effects when taking Dapsone. Among them, 7 people (0.18%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Dapsone when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Dapsone * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||28.57%||71.43% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Dapsone * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||42.86% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (5 people, 71.43%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 42.86%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 42.86%)
- Blood pressure (3 people, 42.86%)
- Dermatitis herpetiformis (3 people, 42.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (4 people, 57.14%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 42.86%)
- Requip (3 people, 42.86%)
- Biotin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Pantothenic acid (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Dapsone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dapsone and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Dapsone
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- as i have affected by leprosy, i am advised to take dapsone & refampin. after a period of 2 months, a brown leison is developed, lepra reaction type 2. i want to know, how to treat / remove it.
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Lepra Reaction Type 2, Leprosy, and takes Rifampin, Dapsone)
I am 59. Affected by leprosy. The usual drugs, dapsone & rifampin caused a brown leision. After taking anti allergic drugs & steroid, it is not cured. Any guy with similar experience, please guide how to treat it. Any medicine or any other remedy
More questions for: Dapsone, Drug withdrawal syndrome
More reviews for: Dapsone, Drug withdrawal syndrome
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a patient with Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation), Short-term Memory Loss, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;), Violence-related Symptom, Theft, Sleep Disorder, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Carbohydrate Craving (a desire to have carbohydrate), Abnormal Loss Of Weight, Weight Above Normal
Comments: I had none of these symptoms before taking this medication. I was what was considered "Hyper" as a child but never even liked sweets before and now I crave candy bars and ice cream ect. It is now causing me to show signs of early diabetes. I often get confused and forget where I am going when I am d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax Xr, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a patient with Panic Attacks, Depression, Agitation. The patient has Balance Problems, Double Vision, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Withdrawal Weakness - Xanax, Severe Derpession- Xanax Withdrawal, Anger- Cymbalta Overdose, Racing Thoughts- Cymbalta Dosage Too High, Long-term Memory Loss, Sleeping Problems- Xanax Withdrawal, Depersonalisation, Crying Spells- Xanax Withdrawals, Drug Addiction
Comments: I have been on xanax for 3 years off and on. I was first put on the drug due to my panic attacks years ago. Yes, it was the only thing that helped at the time but let me tell you i wish i never was prescribed this evil drug. I started having strange sympotms almost a year and a half ago. Balance pro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Vicodin, Ortho Tri-cyclen 28, Vitamin C for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Pain Management, Birth Control. The patient has Tachycardia, Chest Pain, Anxiety, Hypertension, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Palpitations, Ophthalmoplegic Migraine
Comments: Given savella for fibromyalgia. It worked for a few months until I became suicidal and it didnt help my pain at all anymore. Taking Vicodin 5/500 2x a day for over a year to quell the severe nerve pain so I can function. Had ophthalmoplegic migraine, face was numb, as was L arm and leg, couldnt see ...
More related studies for: Dapsone, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.