Review: could Darvocet-n 100 cause Ischaemic stroke?
Summary: Ischaemic stroke is found among people who take Darvocet-n 100, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoarthritis.
We study 2,117 people who have side effects while taking Darvocet-n 100 from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Ischaemic stroke. Find out below who they are, when they have Ischaemic stroke and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Darvocet-n 100 and have Ischaemic stroke >>>
Darvocet-n 100 has active ingredients of acetaminophen; propoxyphene napsylate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,469 Darvocet-n 100 users)
Ischaemic stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain) has been reported by people with arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,186 Ischaemic stroke patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 2,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Darvocet-n 100. Among them, 14 people (0.66%) have Ischaemic Stroke.
Time on Darvocet-n 100 when people have Ischaemic stroke * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ischaemic stroke||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Darvocet-n 100 * :
|Ischaemic stroke||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Darvocet-n 100 * :
|Ischaemic stroke||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||35.71%||14.29%||50.00% |
Severity of Ischaemic stroke when taking Darvocet-n 100 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ischaemic stroke||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ischaemic stroke ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoarthritis (4 people, 28.57%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (3 people, 21.43%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 21.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 7.14%)
- Pain (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (13 people, 92.86%)
- Premarin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Rebetron (5 people, 35.71%)
- Accupril (5 people, 35.71%)
- Rebetol (5 people, 35.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ischaemic Stroke while taking Darvocet-n 100?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Darvocet-n 100 and have Ischaemic Stroke
- support group for people who take Darvocet-n 100
- support group for people who have Ischaemic Stroke
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Darvocet-n 100 for a 73-year old man with Pain. The patient has Systolic Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Azathioprine for a 40-year old woman with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Ischaemic Stroke
- A study of drug interactions between Ciprofloxacin, Amoxicillin, Ibuprofen, Pantoprazole, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Lovastatin, Amlodipine, Losartan, Metformin, Warfarin Sodium for a 61-year old man with Prostate Infection, Pain - Muscles, Pain, Gastritis, Enlarged Prostate, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Heartbeat Skip. The patient has Atherosclerosis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Skipped Heartbeat, Hypertension, Ischaemic Stroke
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 49-year old man with Chronic Pain. The patient has Ischaemic Stroke Nec
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 52-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Ischaemic Stroke
Recent Darvocet-n 100 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.