Home > Depakote er > Depression > Depakote er and Depression
Review: could Depakote er cause Depression?
We study 3,282 people who have side effects while taking Depakote er from FDA and social media. Among them, 107 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote er and have Depression >>>
Depakote er (latest outcomes from 3,673 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Depression (latest reports from 1,153,652 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 25, 2014: 3,280 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote er. Among them, 107 people (3.26%) have Depression.
Time on Depakote er when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Depakote er * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Depakote er * :
Severity of Depression when taking Depakote er ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (39 people, 36.45%)
- Depression (23 people, 21.50%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (20 people, 18.69%)
- Convulsion (15 people, 14.02%)
- Asthma (14 people, 13.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (36 people, 33.64%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 28.97%)
- Geodon (19 people, 17.76%)
- Lexapro (18 people, 16.82%)
- Prozac (17 people, 15.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Depakote Er?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote er and have Depression
- support group for people who take Depakote er
- support group for people who have Depression
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Sleep study showed snoring problem and advised me to go to ENT. Also to discuss ringing in the ear. Going to set appointment
Bladder mesh surgery for incontinence in May 2013.
Bikini cut FULL hysterectomy in Jan. 2014
Gastroenterologist appointment April 10th, 2014 perforation of the intestine.
From this study (6 months ago):
symptoms became pronounced immediately after introduction of olanzapine (5mg), No previous history of paranoia
From this study (2 years ago):
Also taking Rosuvastin,fludrocortisone acetate 0.1mg, amantadine 100mg. 2xdaily, oxybutynin chloride 5mg. Daily, terazosin HCL 5 mg. Dailey, Omega 3 1000mg. 2x daily
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote er, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
More reviews for: Depakote er, Depression
On eHealthMe, Depakote Er (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote Er is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote Er used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (58 minutes ago)
- Solidago Virgaurea
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (impax Pharms) 2.5mg
- Acetaminophen Aspirin And Codeine Phosphate
- Caclia Doce
- Nausea And Vomiting