Review: could Depakote er cause Depression?
We study 3,282 people who have side effects while taking Depakote er from FDA and social media. Among them, 107 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote er and have Depression >>>
Depakote er (latest outcomes from 3,675 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Depression (latest reports from 1,155,565 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 3,282 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote er. Among them, 107 people (3.26%) have Depression.
Time on Depakote er when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Depakote er * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Depakote er * :
Severity of Depression when taking Depakote er ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (39 people, 36.45%)
- Depression (23 people, 21.50%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (20 people, 18.69%)
- Convulsion (15 people, 14.02%)
- Asthma (14 people, 13.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (36 people, 33.64%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 28.97%)
- Geodon (19 people, 17.76%)
- Lexapro (18 people, 16.82%)
- Prozac (17 people, 15.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Depakote Er?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote er and have Depression
- support group for people who take Depakote er
- support group for people who have Depression
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Depakote er, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Depakote er, Depression
On eHealthMe, Depakote Er (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote Er is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote Er used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Depakote for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Paranoia, Bipolar Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotrol, Nicoderm Cq, Nicorette, Nicotine, Temazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Vivelle-dot, Lipitor, Cymbalta, Depakote for a patient with Addiction, Sleep Aid, Hormone Replacement Therapy, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased, Perforation Of The Intestines, Lack Of Orgasm, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Swallowing Difficulty, Ringing In The Ears, Forgetfulness, Fatigue - Chronic, Tremor, Urinary Incontinence, Sleep Problems Various Sources, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Epival, Olanzapine for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Suspiciousness, Depression, Paranoia
More related studies for: Depakote er, Depression
Recent Depakote er related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depakote er, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.