Review: could Depakote er cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Depakote er, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 3,285 people who have side effects while taking Depakote er from FDA and social media. Among them, 107 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote er and have Depression >>>
Depakote er has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 3,677 users)
Depression has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, acne.(latest reports from Depression 254,062 patients)
On Dec, 8, 2014: 3,285 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote er. Among them, 107 people (3.26%) have Depression.
Time on Depakote er when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Depakote er * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Depakote er * :
Severity of Depression when taking Depakote er ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (39 people, 36.45%)
- Depression (23 people, 21.50%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (20 people, 18.69%)
- Convulsion (15 people, 14.02%)
- Asthma (14 people, 13.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (36 people, 33.64%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 28.97%)
- Geodon (19 people, 17.76%)
- Lexapro (18 people, 16.82%)
- Prozac (17 people, 15.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Depakote Er?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote er and have Depression
- support group for people who take Depakote er
- support group for people who have Depression
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
- Can anyone comment on recurrent depressions in fall and spring
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Depression, Recurrent Depressions, and takes Zoloft)
for many years i suffer depression twice a year spring and fall
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Depression, and takes Klonopin, Symbyax, Temazepam, Meclizine)
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
More questions for: Depakote er, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Involuntary Eye Movements, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, PTSD, and takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few days after I started taking amitriptyline. It's not faint either, it's like my eye is having a seizure, emabrassing. Just wanted to share.
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Depakote er, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a patient with Unwanted Pregnancy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Emotional Distress, Depression
Comments: I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
Comments: Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
More related studies for: Depakote er, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.