Review: could Depakote er cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Depakote er, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Klonopin, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 3,292 people who have side effects while taking Depakote er from FDA and social media. Among them, 161 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depakote er and have Tremor >>>
Depakote er has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 3,684 Depakote er users)
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 70,894 Tremor patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 3,292 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote er. Among them, 164 people (4.98%) have Tremor.
Time on Depakote er when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Depakote er * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Depakote er * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Depakote er ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (70 people, 42.68%)
- Depression (37 people, 22.56%)
- Convulsion (31 people, 18.90%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 16.46%)
- Epilepsy (24 people, 14.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (21 people, 12.80%)
- Depakote (19 people, 11.59%)
- Seroquel (19 people, 11.59%)
- Divalproex sodium (16 people, 9.76%)
- Lamictal (15 people, 9.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Depakote er and tremor on
Do you have Tremor while taking Depakote Er?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depakote er and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Depakote er
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Depakote Er, Baclofen for a 37-year old woman with Allergies, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder, Spasticity. The patient has Back Pain, Weakness, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Norvasc for a 62-year old woman with Low Blood Potassium, Low Blood Magnesium, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Appetite, Unsteadiness, Hungry After Eat, Disorientation, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea, Tremor, Confusion, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Sertraline for a 21-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Heavy Legs, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Loss Of Appetite, Belly Ache, Slow Heart Beat, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Light Sensitivity, Sensitivity To The Cold, Neck Pain, Weakness, Tremor, Swallowing Difficulty, Muscle Aches, Shaking Palsy, Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra Xr, Depakene for a 53-year old woman with Simple Partial Seizures, Migraine. The patient has Hair Loss, Tremor
Recent Depakote er related drug comparison:
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Epival for a 26-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Depakote Er for a 36-year old woman who has Partial Seizures With Secondary Generalisation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.