Home > Depakote > Autism > Depakote and Autism
Review: could Depakote cause Autism?
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Autism. Find out below who they are, when they have Autism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Autism >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,921 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Autism (mental condition in which fantasy dominates over reality, as a symptom of schizophrenia and other disorders) (latest reports from 3,462 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, epilepsy, convulsion, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 29,598 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 29 people (0.10%) have Autism.
Time on Depakote when people have Autism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Autism when taking Depakote * :
Age of people who have Autism when taking Depakote * :
Severity of Autism when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Autism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (13 people, 44.83%)
- Impulsive behaviour (10 people, 34.48%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (10 people, 34.48%)
- Rhinitis allergic (10 people, 34.48%)
- Autism (10 people, 34.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (16 people, 55.17%)
- Paxil (13 people, 44.83%)
- Lorazepam (12 people, 41.38%)
- Risperdal (12 people, 41.38%)
- Ambien (10 people, 34.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Autism while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Autism
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Autism
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- How do i control my appetite?
currently taking zoloft 15 mg once a day, depacote 500 mg twice a day and abilify 10 mg once a day. having a hard time getting out of bed due to depression. have no appetite when for the first few hours after I wake up, but in the evening all I want to do is eat. what can help to control my cravings ...
- Is it safe to take ditropan xl after having lap-band surgery?
I have had Lap-Band surgery and after being on Diptropan XL six weeks, I am having severe stomach pains, constipation, and depression. I am afraid it has damaged my Lap-Band. Is this safe for me to take?
- Does ditropan xl cause depression especially in people who are bipolar?
Since starting Ditropan XL I have become depressed and anxious. Is this common?
- Has any pt that is carrier of hep b virus encountered mania and had to use a stabilizer like depakot ofr lamictal or lithium.? i'm researching if incident of hepatotoxicity might occur. comments?
Adopted Daughter born Hep B carrier, no symptoms. ADHD since 8 yrs old. at 15 yrs, recent signs of mania or biploar. started on depakote but concern for hepatotoxicity and weight gain.
Would very much appreciate feedback from persons with direct experiences.
- What has been the best outcome from prescriptions for mania
I'm currently on xanax xr 3mg with 1 mg supplement as needed (rarely) but have been on the depekote with the Clonazepam with depekote it worked for about 9 months and seemed to wear off. Then was put on lithium with the Clonazepam sorta the same worked but kinda wore off and had trouble during elev ...
More questions for: Depakote, Autism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Autism
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Depakote, Autism
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote, Seroquel XR for a 48-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 31-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote, ONFI, Zonisamide, Lamictal, Ethosuximide for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote, Topamax, Bladderwrack, Risperdal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Divalproex for a 23-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Vicodin, Klonopin, Zoloft, Depakote for a 41-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Tramadol, Dilantin, Valium, Depakote Cp for a 52-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Keppra Xr for a 35-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote, Zonisamide for a 48-year old woman who has Epilepsy
More related comparison studies for: Depakote, Autism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (13 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (55 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride
- Reversal Of Sedation
- Fo Ti
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation