Review: could Depakote cause Blood triglycerides increased (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Blood triglycerides increased is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 29,629 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 841 have Blood triglycerides increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood triglycerides increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depakote and have Blood triglycerides increased >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 30,954 Depakote users)
Blood triglycerides increased
Blood triglycerides increased has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 171,933 Blood triglycerides increased patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 29,629 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 841 people (2.84%) have Blood Triglycerides Increased.
Time on Depakote when people have Blood triglycerides increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood triglycerides increased||5.00%||14.17%||9.17%||26.67%||29.17%||12.50%||3.33% |
Gender of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Depakote * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||53.07%||46.93% |
Age of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Depakote * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.25%||0.25%||5.05%||9.77%||23.34%||37.15%||17.86%||6.32% |
Severity of Blood triglycerides increased when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood triglycerides increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (475 people, 56.48%)
- Depression (401 people, 47.68%)
- Anxiety (206 people, 24.49%)
- Sleep disorder (189 people, 22.47%)
- Schizophrenia (149 people, 17.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (780 people, 92.75%)
- Zyprexa (620 people, 73.72%)
- Risperdal (460 people, 54.70%)
- Geodon (318 people, 37.81%)
- Abilify (306 people, 36.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of depakote and blood triglycerides increased on
Do you have Blood Triglycerides Increased while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Blood Triglycerides Increased
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Blood Triglycerides Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Heart Mri, Chf, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.