Home > Depakote > Depression > Depakote and Depression
Review: could Depakote cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,297 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Depression >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,926 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Depression (latest reports from 1,161,461 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 29,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 1,297 people (4.38%) have Depression.
Time on Depakote when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Depakote * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Depakote * :
Severity of Depression when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (313 people, 24.13%)
- Bipolar disorder (303 people, 23.36%)
- Pain (153 people, 11.80%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (116 people, 8.94%)
- Anxiety (109 people, 8.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (296 people, 22.82%)
- Zyprexa (241 people, 18.58%)
- Risperdal (205 people, 15.81%)
- Xanax (180 people, 13.88%)
- Klonopin (179 people, 13.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Depression
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Depression
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
- Can anyone comment on recurrent depressions in fall and spring
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Depression, Recurrent Depressions, and takes Zoloft)
for many years i suffer depression twice a year spring and fall
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Depression, and takes Klonopin, Symbyax, Temazepam, Meclizine)
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
More questions for: Depakote, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Abilify)
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
More reviews for: Depakote, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with Constipation. The patient has Depression
Comments: The depression has been so severe I didn't know what was causing it u.til I started taking away more meds. Bingo it was the Miralax. I hope I never feel this bad ever bad.
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness Exertional, Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
Comments: Seated for approx 3 minutes before BP was taken. Result 90/66, pulse 65. I get dizzy and out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs. I am a competitive Masters Level Bicyclist.
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Januvia, Metformin, Gabapentin, Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fenofibrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Depression, High Blood Sugar, Nerve Pain, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Aches, Thinking - Unclear, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Back Disorder, Pain Threshold Decreased, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Depression
Comments: very tired most of day , daily functions being limited , type 2 diabetic ,hashimoto's , degenerative disc problem in back..
More related studies for: Depakote, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.