Home > Depakote > Diabetic gastroparesis > Depakote and Diabetic gastroparesis
Review: could Depakote cause Diabetic gastroparesis?
Summary: Diabetic gastroparesis is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Diabetic gastroparesis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetic gastroparesis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Diabetic gastroparesis >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,926 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Diabetic gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes) (latest reports from 4,921 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, diabetes, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 29,598 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 31 people (0.10%) have Diabetic Gastroparesis.
Time on Depakote when people have Diabetic gastroparesis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Depakote * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Depakote * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||40.00%||31.43%||20.00%||5.71% |
Severity of Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Diabetic gastroparesis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (19 people, 61.29%)
- Depression (11 people, 35.48%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 32.26%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 29.03%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 25.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (31 people, 100.00%)
- Zyprexa (21 people, 67.74%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 48.39%)
- Clonidine (11 people, 35.48%)
- Protonix (11 people, 35.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetic Gastroparesis while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Diabetic Gastroparesis
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Diabetic Gastroparesis
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does anyone have type 1 diabetes and gastropresis experiencing leg, ankle, foot and/or face swelling? i am wondering if it could be caused by vitamin deficiency?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Diabetic Gastroparesis, and takes Papaya)
I was diaganosed with Gastroparesis about 4 1/2 years ago and have had flare ups off and on. But i had a bad one this last December and my stomach and body aren't recovering very well. I am 29 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when i turned 21. For the past couple of months my legs, ankles, fee ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Cailin, Tested Positive For Speed, and takes Norco, Cymbalta, Depakote)
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Depakote)
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Depakote, Diabetic gastroparesis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Diabetic gastroparesis
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness Exertional, Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
Comments: Seated for approx 3 minutes before BP was taken. Result 90/66, pulse 65. I get dizzy and out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs. I am a competitive Masters Level Bicyclist.
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Chronic Depression. The patient has Diabetic Gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes)
Comments: Been on lamictal over 10 years as well as wellbrutin 1996. Been on lamictal on and off many years.Now they want to take out stomach could this been avoided if I was told about side affects earlier.ALSO BEEN ON WELLBRUTIN MANY YEARS
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Depakote for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Paranoia, Bipolar Disorder
Comments: Got the paranoia after I started meds
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Depakote for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Blood Urine
Comments: Blood in urine, passed out 5 mins later and went to the ER. Came out with a clean bill of health. WBC not high or anything else abnormal.
More related studies for: Depakote, Diabetic gastroparesis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.