Review: could Depakote cause Diverticulitis?
Summary: Diverticulitis is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Depression.
We study 29,629 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Diverticulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diverticulitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depakote and have Diverticulitis >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 30,959 Depakote users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 10,154 Diverticulitis patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 29,629 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 34 people (0.11%) have Diverticulitis.
Time on Depakote when people have Diverticulitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Depakote * :
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Depakote * :
Severity of Diverticulitis when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diverticulitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 44.12%)
- Migraine (10 people, 29.41%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 26.47%)
- Headache (8 people, 23.53%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 23.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (12 people, 35.29%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 32.35%)
- Seroquel (11 people, 32.35%)
- Depakote er (10 people, 29.41%)
- Gabapentin (8 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Depakote and diverticulitis on
Do you have Diverticulitis while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Diverticulitis
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Diverticulitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Depakote Er, Baclofen for a 37-year old woman with Allergies, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder, Spasticity. The patient has Back Pain, Weakness, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeprex, Celexa, Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Pain, Pain, Depression, Migraine With Aura.
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 41-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer.
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Epival for a 26-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Depakote Er for a 36-year old woman who has Partial Seizures With Secondary Generalisation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.