Review: could Depakote cause Drug level increased?
Summary: Drug level increased is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote er, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 29,629 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Drug level increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug level increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depakote and have Drug level increased >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 30,959 Depakote users)
Drug level increased
Drug level increased has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, convulsion, high blood pressure, epilepsy. (latest reports from 6,116 Drug level increased patients)
On Apr, 22, 2015: 29,629 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 160 people (0.54%) have Drug Level Increased.
Time on Depakote when people have Drug level increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug level increased||43.59%||17.95%||7.69%||12.82%||15.38%||2.56%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug level increased when taking Depakote * :
|Drug level increased||58.58%||41.42% |
Age of people who have Drug level increased when taking Depakote * :
|Drug level increased||0.00%||7.33%||13.33%||10.67%||14.67%||14.67%||27.33%||12.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (55 people, 34.38%)
- Convulsion (29 people, 18.12%)
- Pain (21 people, 13.12%)
- Schizophrenia (14 people, 8.75%)
- Hallucination (14 people, 8.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote er (72 people, 45.00%)
- Atenolol (45 people, 28.12%)
- Folic acid (42 people, 26.25%)
- Levetiracetam (38 people, 23.75%)
- Zyprexa (27 people, 16.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of depakote and drug level increased on
Do you have Drug Level Increased while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Drug Level Increased
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Drug Level Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeprex, Celexa, Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Pain, Pain, Depression, Migraine With Aura.
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 41-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer.
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Epival for a 26-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Depakote Er for a 36-year old woman who has Partial Seizures With Secondary Generalisation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.