Review: could Depakote cause Laboratory test abnormal?
Summary: Laboratory test abnormal is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 29,629 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Laboratory test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Laboratory test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depakote and have Laboratory test abnormal >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 30,954 Depakote users)
Laboratory test abnormal
Laboratory test abnormal has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, hiv infection, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 8,615 Laboratory test abnormal patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 29,629 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 97 people (0.33%) have Laboratory Test Abnormal.
Time on Depakote when people have Laboratory test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Laboratory test abnormal||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Laboratory test abnormal when taking Depakote * :
|Laboratory test abnormal||49.48%||50.52% |
Age of people who have Laboratory test abnormal when taking Depakote * :
|Laboratory test abnormal||0.00%||6.25%||11.25%||12.50%||17.50%||28.75%||16.25%||7.50% |
Severity of Laboratory test abnormal when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Laboratory test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 4.12%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 4.12%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 3.09%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.09%)
- Mental retardation (2 people, 2.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (14 people, 14.43%)
- Zoloft (14 people, 14.43%)
- Risperdal (12 people, 12.37%)
- Neurontin (12 people, 12.37%)
- Paxil (8 people, 8.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of depakote and laboratory test abnormal on
Do you have Laboratory Test Abnormal while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Laboratory Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Laboratory Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 41-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer.
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.