Depakote and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness - from FDA reports
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder . We study 36,649 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA. Among them, 1,377 have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 39,085 users)
Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 279,146 Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness patients).
On Jan, 19, 2017
36,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote.
Among them, 1,377 people (3.76%) have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depakote when people have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 24.78 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.32 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.96 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.39 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.73 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.85 %
- 10+ years: 7.96 %
Gender of people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness when taking Depakote *:
- female: 62.09 %
- male: 37.91 %
Age of people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness when taking Depakote *:
- 0-1: 0.36 %
- 2-9: 2.14 %
- 10-19: 5.61 %
- 20-29: 8.19 %
- 30-39: 13.8 %
- 40-49: 21.64 %
- 50-59: 24.13 %
- 60+: 24.13 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (187 people, 13.58%)
- Depression (145 people, 10.53%)
- Pain (82 people, 5.95%)
- Convulsion (78 people, 5.66%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (74 people, 5.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (200 people, 14.52%)
- Risperdal (163 people, 11.84%)
- Zyprexa (147 people, 10.68%)
- Klonopin (128 people, 9.30%)
- Synthroid (122 people, 8.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (326 people, 23.67%)
- Nausea (258 people, 18.74%)
- Dizziness (248 people, 18.01%)
- Headache (225 people, 16.34%)
- Fall (193 people, 14.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Depakote?
- Check symptoms - is lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Depakotea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Could your condition cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Bipolar disorder and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Depression and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Pain and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Convulsion and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Multiple sclerosis and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Can you answer these questions?
Someone at the doctor's office changed the amount I was being given of the Lisinopril from 40 mg., to 10 mg. After this I started falling. Doctor said it is not in the records who had changed the dose. Pharmacist said it was this change that increased the weakness in my arms and legs. Doctor ...
iv been trying for years to love weight but my pain has goting worse so my doc wants to put me on butrans patch with my oxycodone if any one knows how the two are togather please let me know I don't even know what butran is any one know
You may be interested in these reviews
From what I've heard, muscle weakness due to prozac only affects elderly people. I am 21 years old and have been taking it for a little less than a year now. Despite my age, I'm always trembling and people can notice it. It has been giving me the urge to just stop taking the pills or change ...
I have a complicated medical situation. Just began taking Depakote for the Migraines specifically Hemiplegic Migraine. I have been taking for a little less than a week and noticed numbness in my face. Could possibly contributing to numbness in hands and feet but since I have Peripheral ...
I took Depakote for 6 months. June - December 2016. Around October I started suffering crippling anxiety and had to resign from my teaching job. I am 49 years old. I blame the depokote. I have just cross tapered from depakote to serequel and lamactil to treat my bipolar disorder. The ...