Depakote and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness - from FDA reports
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness with Depakote. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,658 people who have side effects when taking Depakote from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
38,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote.
Among them, 1,436 people (3.71%) have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depakote when people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness *:
- < 1 month: 24.35 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.96 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.43 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.96 %
- 10+ years: 10.43 %
Gender of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Depakote *:
- female: 61.99 %
- male: 38.01 %
Age of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Depakote *:
- 0-1: 0.34 %
- 2-9: 2.05 %
- 10-19: 5.48 %
- 20-29: 7.96 %
- 30-39: 13.78 %
- 40-49: 21.4 %
- 50-59: 24.14 %
- 60+: 24.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (149 people, 10.38%)
- Pain (84 people, 5.85%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (82 people, 5.71%)
- Convulsion (78 people, 5.43%)
- Stress And Anxiety (71 people, 4.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (206 people, 14.35%)
- Risperdal (165 people, 11.49%)
- Zyprexa (148 people, 10.31%)
- Synthroid (129 people, 8.98%)
- Klonopin (129 people, 8.98%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (347 people, 24.16%)
- Nausea (263 people, 18.31%)
- Dizziness (257 people, 17.90%)
- Headache (234 people, 16.30%)
- Fall (201 people, 14.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Depakote?
- Check symptoms - is lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and drugs with ingredients of divalproex sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and Depakote from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 41,205 users)
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,639 Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness patients).
Browse all side effects of Depakotea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Could your condition cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Depression and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Pain and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Multiple sclerosis and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Convulsion and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Stress and anxiety and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
Hey there ehealth! I'm William, and I do take Restoral & Depakote. I'm a brain cancer Survivor. Had a Left Temperal Lobe Malignant tumor, about the size of a "tennis ball!" 2 separate surgeries ('06 & '08), & 1 round of TA Radiation therapy ('09). I've been in remission since 2009, yet I ...
User reviews to the study
Do the stats suggest that is I stay on Tresiba for over a month the weakness will go away? I am 60+ female on metformin and have only been on Tresiba for 3 days.. I am totally sapped of energy. Hoping things will change Lynn
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
I stared Savella 2 months ago. I take 50 mg twice a day for fibromyalgia; I'm a 56-yr-old female. A month ago, around 2 am I got up to get a drink and collasped in the kitchen. I've never done this. My legs just gave out and I fell and then I could barely get up, it took me a while to gain ...